The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

no hazzard lights or headlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxunderground

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2007
Bowling Green, Kentucky
I got into my car started it as usual turned on the headlight column switch. All of my interior lights work. My parking lights work. Blinkers work. My headlights however; do not come on. Also, the high beam indicator light (blue) is on. Whether I click the lever on or off the light stays on as long as the dial is up.

I tested the harness at the headlights and they are not receiving any voltage at any point. Replaced headlight relay in the engine bay junction box with known good relay and still nothing.

I attempted to find the black box behind the radio like on my 95 but it isnt there. Only a 3 prong relay.

I've checked every fuse and examined all wires I could see without pulling major parts off. If there is someone here that could give me a tip or two please do.

I've been having to bum rides the past few days after the sun goes down because I can't track down the problem. If anyone has tips on a direct method of wiring the lights please let me know as well. I need to be able to at least run "rigged" at night until the problem can be traced.

Bad column lighting switch.
In emergency you could remove headlight relay and jumper the top 2 slots with a wire large enough to handle 20 amps (12 gauge). This will keep the headlights on as long as the wire is there until removed, but at least you have lights. This assumes a bad column lighting switch is the problem.

traced the wires found a break near the engine bay fuse box. Repaired it and the headlights work. Everything works as it should now with the exception of the hazard lights, they still do not operate. Any suggestions before I get back into it tuesday?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back