The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

no boost pressure???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotgrip666

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2005
middletown, New_York
so i finally get my car running with the new motor and alternator on it and when i floor it the stock boost guag goes to the middle and my other guage only goes up to 0 under wot

im thinking its maybe a wrong vacumm connection somewhere, i have the jmf intake manifold, on the four prongs on the back i have the boost, fuel pressure regulater and the thick hose from the fire wall

and on the tb i have the bov vaccum line

from the turbo i have a line going to the mbc then to the waste gate, the two nipples on the valve cover i have venting to outside the car

so suggestions please any at all

ok i did an alternator change on my car today finally got it running with the new motor\

i went to go WOT and the boost went from negative to zero and wouldnt go any farther

i hace a jmfab intake manifold with the boost guage on one prong fuel pressure regulater on the other then that thick hose thats off the fire wall on another

i have all the throttle blocked off accept for the bov vaccum running to the p port, i have the vaccum from the turbo going to a manual BC then to the wase gate

is there anything i could be missing here or set up wrongly? this is very frustraighting:cry::cry::cry:

Boost leak test yet? I assume that it feels like a slug, i.e. you really aren't building pressure, not just your boost gauge is broken.

The breather line on the valve cover *should* be routed back into the intake. However I dont think thats your issue. The pcv line however very well could be. It should be routed back into the intake. Pcv valves for our cars suck. They dont work. Its supposed to close when boosting, and the breather allows ventilation, but the pcv fails to operate correctly. So I think your pcv is just a real big boost leak. The fix for this situation is to get a check valve and install it in a line after the pcv. The " Stupid pcv question" thread has much info on this. US plastics has a $2 check valve that holds up well.

Did this just start. Or has it been like this for a while. You could have the BOV or incorrectly, a major boost leak, any one of a million things could be wrong. Does it feel like is has boost and the boost controller isnt showing any? :confused:

James :laser::talon:

The breather line on the valve cover *should* be routed back into the intake. However I dont think thats your issue. The pcv line however very well could be. It should be routed back into the intake. Pcv valves for our cars suck. They dont work. Its supposed to close when boosting, and the breather allows ventilation, but the pcv fails to operate correctly. So I think your pcv is just a real big boost leak. The fix for this situation is to get a check valve and install it in a line after the pcv. The " Stupid pcv question" thread has much info on this. US plastics has a $2 check valve that holds up well.

are you talking about the valve towards the top of the head by the intake or the one on the side?

are you talking about the valve towards the top of the head by the intake or the one on the side?

The PCV valve is the one on the back of the valve cover facing the intake manifold.

The breather hose is on the left of the valve cover.

:dsm::talon::laser:
The PCV valve is the one on the back of the valve cover facing the intake manifold.

The breather hose is on the left of the valve cover.

thank you im gonna do that tomorrow, cause i didnt build the old motor but it looked like it was jjust venting to the floor so im sure it could have been wrpped under the intake manifold there explaining why i have a 4 nipple on the back with nothing going to it, im gonna try that and double check my intercooler piping tomorrow, if any one else has any usefull info please leave it thanks guys

theres is little to none shaft play, this is the first time i got the car driveable with this cyclone i put in it, its used about 20,000 on it but the motor sounds strong, i dont hear and spooling, someone informed me to plug my pcv valve to my intake mani cause right now
i have it venting under the car, i thought thats how it was before but i might of been wrong and it might have just went under and around the manifold connecting to one of the prongs on the back

i think i found the cause of the leak, i forgot to tighten the t-bolt clamp from the tb elbo to the intercooler piping it was loose enough that i could just move it with little to no force

i havnt done a leak down test yet i have checked all the pipes accept for the J pipe but i did noticice today that the oil feed lin it lose, its screwed in but its loos enough to leak oil
so im taking off the bumper tomorrow checking all the lower pipes and couplers im gonna tighten up the feed line

Check the waste gate arm as well.. If it has fallen off you will not get any boost.

mother ####er man i just found out my problem, some asshole had to of thrown a screw in my turbo housing!!!!!! scuse my lanquage but #### there is no way a screw and just drop inside threw the turbine wheel, so now i gonna spend my weekend takeing apart my exhaust then trying to get this damn thing out of my turbo

Who knows how long thats been in there for and hitting the wheel. That turbo is more than likely fcuked. That sucks dude. :( Who would do that. :notgood:

Who knows how long thats been in there for and hitting the wheel. That turbo is more than likely fcuked. That sucks dude. :( Who would do that. :notgood:

took it apart the turbo is fine now get this, some how a valve shot into the hot side when i blew my old motor up, im so lucky it works cause its a custom g35r

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back