The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Nitrous Gurus...ZEX wet or NOS wet kit???also last minute questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJdsmguru

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 5, 2003
lindenwold, New_Jersey
Which one is more reliable , accurate ,and safe? I'm gonna be installing it on my heavily modded 1g awd. So what would you prefer???Would I have to retard timing on 50-75 shot wet? I run 2-3 degrees base timing on 9.0:1 comp and tdo6 20g @20 psi pump...would it be ok to spray with that base timing? I'm getting like 15 degrees timing advance good for 50-75 shot???

It's personal preference I think. I like how easy Zex kits are to install. They are not very upgradeable though. The NOS kits as well as the others are easy to change around once installed. Say you want to use different solenoids, it's an easy switch. Just remember though a 75hp shot will be like 100-125 for a turbo car, and if your car is heavily modified like you said, you may be asking for disaster. You would be safer to have the timing retarded at higher doses, probably not needed on a 50hp jets though. Just my 2 cents. I've had just about all of them. I ran 75hp jets on my STOCK integra for months, with no other mods, and never had any timing issues (Zex kit). I ran the NOS kit on my Mustang and blew my air intake off twice, and cracked my intake manifold once. Sorry I can't help you out any more than advice. All I can say is my next kit is going to be the NX direct port. If you run any kit you should invest in an RPM window switch, so it'll cut on only at a certain RPM (User Selectable). Also for safety a bottle heater (Properly installed-so it doesn't catch fire/short out), and run a pressure gauge so you can see it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back