The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

New trans rebuilt (IPT internals) 1-2-od no 3rd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Well I finally get my new car together with a rebuild trans. It has all the IPT performance rebuild internals, and a translab shift kit. I did the kiggly wiring. This is a factory 94 awd auto I swapped all my stuff into.

I got everything good to go, and took it for a ride. First thing I notice is I have 1-2 and flip the switch and it goes into OD...theres no 3rd? Every gear works P-R-N-OD-2-1 NO 3RD? This is new stuff to me, so Its time for the dsm to beat the auto crap into me now I guess.

Any suggestions?

Ok further diagnostics report, solenoids are in the ohms range, and apply 12 volts can be heard clicking.

Wiring off the neutral safety applys the right voltage to the orange and yellow wire for the specific gear it should be in.

And after further looking into things and talking to Kevin Kiggly I think its easy to say that 1st gear not 3rd, and it is starting in 2nd gear when I have the shifter in 1st, commanding 3rd and 2nd gear, and not shifting at all in D because its already in 3rd, and flipping the switch commands overdrive.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back