The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink new to speed density need some imput

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aguiga

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2009
Texas
got the idle and cruise tune set and i think i got a pretty even afr matched up to to what i set on my direct access table. the problem im having is that its breaking out in the beginning of 3rd gear if i do a pull from a dead stop:confused:. i posted a logs. any help i would appreciate it. dont know if i need to richen the speed density cells between shifts or what. let me know. other than that if i just do a 3rd gear pull from 2k to redline it runs real good.

1G
Holset hx35 on .55bep housing
2g/1g rod piston combo
264 cams
magnus intake
speed density
1250cc injectors

Attachments

• log.2012.11.01-01.elg
    49.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Right off the bat I'm going to say that your timing table is just wrong. Not to mention you need to adjust your global fuel. You shouldn't have values greater than 105 (give or take) on the VE table.

I recommend trying the 2g or evo8 timing maps and tuning around those:
http://ecmlink.com/wiki/v3configs

Also, consider updating your profile...what injectors are you running?

Right off the bat I'm going to say that your timing table is just wrong. Not to mention you need to adjust your global fuel. You shouldn't have values greater than 105 (give or take) on the VE table.

I recommend trying the 2g or evo8 timing maps and tuning around those:
v3configs [ECMTuning - wiki]

Also, consider updating your profile...what injectors are you running?

yea thats what i read but it was running leaner if i didnt increase the cells to richen it. so do i need to lower my global to get my afr closer and then increase/decrease selected cells afterwards making sure it doesnt go over the 105 on the ve table?
also i would like to stick with the 1g map as i like how it pulls so can u make some adjusments to the stock 1g map to start off at and how do i go into increase/decrease the timing and in what parts

Post a 3rd gear pull from 2k to redline. I'd be willing to bet you can still use some airflow adjustment based on your AFRatioEst and wideband lines in the 3-5k range.

As mentioned already, your global needs to be adjusted. The easiest way is to download LinkTools and use the built-in scaling feature.

You can keep the 1g timing table as long as you watch out for knock.

oh okay i try to get a 2k-redline log. and as far as global wise.i thought that once set to the injector size u didnt have to move it anymore.just the deadtime? so do i just adjust global to get the afr close and then adjust each individual cell? also as u can see im targeting a 11afr but my afrest is showing 10.5-10.6? should i just target a higher number to get close to 11afr's? or why is it doing that

okay that makes so much more sense to me know. what about the afrest is showing compared to what im targeting on the DA? why is is not lining up 10.6 vs 11?

here is the third gear log "snowborder"

Holset hx35 on .55bep housing
2g/1g rod piston combo
264 cams
magnus intake
speed density
1250cc

the only issue im having is that if i do a pull from stop till 3rd it starts knock in in second and 3rd gear which i dont understand if its not knocking when doing just a 3rd gear pull

Attachments

• josh wot.elg
    50.9 KB · Views: 123
SD table values look much better! Your AFRatioEst also lines up really well with the wideband.

Were you the ones that did your DA changes (specifically the CoolantTempFuelAdj table)? Not sure why it's set like that, nor have I ever seen someone add that much fuel when coolant temps are up at operating temp.

I'd pick one of the DA timing tables from here and load it. Yours is holding you back since it's peaking at 13 and then dropping in the upper RPM range. Use your best judgement between 1g, 2g, and any of the Evo tables. You can use Track Changes and see what data points you're currently hitting to see which one might be the best. As always, you can/should modify them, but it's best to start off with one that has rising values in the load range and RPM range that you hit.

Feel free to post a log of your stop to 3rd gear pull showing the knock.

SD table values look much better! Your AFRatioEst also lines up really well with the wideband.

Were you the ones that did your DA changes (specifically the CoolantTempFuelAdj table)? Not sure why it's set like that, nor have I ever seen someone add that much fuel when coolant temps are up at operating temp.

I'd pick one of the DA timing tables from here and load it. Yours is holding you back since it's peaking at 13 and then dropping in the upper RPM range. Use your best judgement between 1g, 2g, and any of the Evo tables. You can use Track Changes and see what data points you're currently hitting to see which one might be the best. As always, you can/should modify them, but it's best to start off with one that has rising values in the load range and RPM range that you hit.

Feel free to post a log of your stop to 3rd gear pull showing the knock.

a friend of mine had done that to the coolant temp fuel adj table. it was hesitating before operating coolant temps. i dont know why he add that much fuel after operating temps. all change the values after operating temps close to stock and the da timing table i did that because i used the stock 1g table as u can see the timing starts falling close to redline on the stock 1g map and just decrease the values untill it didnt knock and thats what i came up what. what timing table do u suggest using instead of the 1g table.

Yours is holding you back since it's peaking at 13 and then dropping in the upper RPM range.

Yup, also the timing is constant between most of the upper load levels, which I suspect is causing knock between shifts...you want decreasing advance with increasing load, which is why I'm slightly biased toward the evo map (even though I use a modified 2g map based on the evo wot map)

okay ill try the evo mod1 timing map and see how that works out. and ill get another third gear log and one from stop to 3rd to see if i get any knock with this table. ill keep u posted

Yup, also the timing is constant between most of the upper load levels, which I suspect is causing knock between shifts...you want decreasing advance with increasing load, which is why I'm slightly biased toward the evo map (even though I use a modified 2g map based on the evo wot map)

are u talking about where the timing is 12 degrees constant? how does it suppose to look like.

are u talking about where the timing is 12 degrees constant? how does it suppose to look like.

I'm talking specifically about your DA timing map. For example, at 3000 rpm, you are targeting 10* from a load factor of 1.6 all the way up to 3.4. If you look at the evo mod 1 map, it goes from 7 to 1. This is especially important when load factor is changing rapidly, like during spool up or between shifts...

I'm talking specifically about your DA timing map. For example, at 3000 rpm, you are targeting 10* from a load factor of 1.6 all the way up to 3.4. If you look at the evo mod 1 map, it goes from 7 to 1. This is especially important when load factor is changing rapidly, like during spool up or between shifts...

oh okay well my timing was like that cause i modified it from the 1g stock timing. thats how the timing map looks. so are u saying the evo mod1 timing would be more suited for the holset setup?

The reason why 1g maps aren't really popular is because they are notorious for excessive advance in certain spots like high rpm, low load. I'm betting this is also why you're knocking between shifts. Give the evo map a try and tune it to your liking...

Do not forget this:
just watch knock CEL after loading and adjust as necessary to keep knock away.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back