The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New on here intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gdsmkev27

Probationary Member
Jul 17, 2014
Shirley, New_York
Sort of new on this forum have owned my 1990 Talon TSi for years, having a lot of trouble with it and looking to sell to someone who can give it the TLC it deserves. It needs work but idk what work. It has me quite stumped. The mods are as follows:
  • bored 20 thousands over
  • Eagle forged crank
  • Eagle forged H-beam rods
  • JE Racing Aluminum Pistons
  • Farrea Stainless Steel Valves
  • Farrea titanium double valve springs
  • Farrea Titanium valve seats
  • Dark Star Racing 550cc injectors
  • modified stock td-04H
  • HUGE fmic
  • custom piping
  • NGK plugs
  • AEM plug and play EMS version 1
  • Heavy gauge wire to stock fuel pump
  • Power steering removed
  • A/C removed
  • manual boost controller
  • Shift bearings not bushings
  • Trans re-worked by RRE California
  • All new brakes, lines, and fuel lines.
  • new fuel filter by tank
  • side exit large exhaust
  • Gutted, with heat and AC ducting removed, heater core removed
  • EGT blockoff
  • HKS SSQV
  • AEM wideband O2
  • Koyo Aluminum rad
  • 1050 CFM single custom fan
  • Crowler street/strip cams
  • ported or polished head, not both dont know which one
  • 3,000GT twin piston calipers up front.
This car has HUGE potential with only 1,200 miles on the motor. The issues:

• Hard start
  • Will start and run but slowly die as it warms up
  • leak from a seal in the trans
  • Can no longer link to the ECU, can't figure out why not
Because the electrical dies as well as the motor I have replaced the alternator, no fix.
Because it seemed fuel related possibly I replaced the rail, and the fuel pressure regulator and tried other injectors, and fuel filter no fix.
New battery no fix.
disconnected a few old gauges when I got the wideband, went back and found the ends in the driver compartment and made absolutely sure they werent touching, some of these gauges were electronically malfunctioning before the car stopped working. no fix.
Also the filler neck leaks

My daily driver is just about dead, my WRX which needs quite a few things of its own sits in my garage and the eagle has been outside the garage for about a year.

I would love to be able to get it running to the point I can drive it but I have all but given up, willing to sell for the cost of building the engine in the year 2,000 which was $4,000, this is also the price I bought the car for. But since then have acquired the AEM EMS $1,547, the Wideband $165, Body kit, $150, all new fuel lines and brakes and lines, e-brake cable and installation of new boost controller and shift bearings, exhaust + labor $1,400, carbon fiber look tail lights $150, muffler $60, I have a walboro 255 that was for the WRX but could be used for the eagle $100.
I also have a complete second wiring harness, a complete second intake mani with throttle body, a window track and motor, an original GTO solar wing that has never been attached to any surface, a garret turbo from a 1.8T VW I would give away if someone would buy the car, a set of adjustable height springs that work with stock shocks and many more extras.

Hope this post isn't too long, the car has a lot of history and my father wanted to see it done before he passed which unfortunately I couldn't do.

Any help in fixing or selling the car would be so much appreciated.

oh have had problems with the battery draining fast for YEARS, had to get a quick disconnect positive terminal and always store with it disconnected

Kevin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back