The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

New guy 😅

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDSMJimenez95

Probationary Member
3
1
Oct 6, 2026
Dallas, Texas
Need help and suggestions have my 96 Spyder GS 4g64 been my project n been doing well the engine is really good I been to 17 hrs trips in it straight.

My question is I got a eBay turbo kit for it, I don't want it for race or nothing crazy, I just want it to be turbo n sound nice. What do I need to do so it can be good. Is it true that I just need a bigger gas pump and GST injectors?

Not sure what ECU to run or what else do, I need any help anyone?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be honest brotha, if you car is running well, this a good chance that doing this is gonna start causing issues.
You may wanna just think about swapping the 4g64 for a 4g63
I agree . I'll probably even just leave this car alone or sell it and get something with a 4g63. The price difference is not that much really. Once that cheap eBay turbo is installed, the car would be a reliability nightmare. Even if all the supporting mods are there, engine management, injectors, exhaust intake and what not, the cooling system would not be efficient enough, drivetrain and transmission wouldn't be as reliable etc .. always cheaper to just go with a turbo car to begin with. But I'm not shting on anyones parade, just my 2cent
 
I agree . I'll probably even just leave this car alone or sell it and get something with a 4g63. The price difference is not that much really. Once that cheap eBay turbo is installed, the car would be a reliability nightmare. Even if all the supporting mods are there, engine management, injectors, exhaust intake and what not, the cooling system would not be efficient enough, drivetrain and transmission wouldn't be as reliable etc .. always cheaper to just go with a turbo car to begin with. But I'm not shting on anyones parade, just my 2cent
Thanks man I’m not to sure bout it nether that’s y I wanna know from yall here I still got time to cancel the kit
 
Thanks man I’m not to sure bout it nether that’s y I wanna know from yall here I still got time to cancel the kit
I believe there is an Australian YouTube channel called mighty car mods. They used a cheaper eBay kit on their 4g64 cars, check them out . Anything is possible, just depends what you want to accomplish
 
Honestly you would probably have more money into the turbo kit, install, and tuning to get it running well than just selling the GS and getting a GST. Not to mention the reliability issues and the real threat of that cheap turbo becoming a grenade and killing the engine. I’m with the others, sell that one and get the one you want. Best of luck dude!
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top