The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

New car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmanfrost

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2009
Tampa, Florida
Hello bro's and chicks of the DSM nation... I usually just lurk since all of my questions are answered. My past car was a 99 Eclipse RS which was my baby, until I hydroplaned into an intersection and hit a flatbed tow truck..... Long story short I just bought an 97 Eclipse GST (auto):hellyeah: for 1k kid wanted a Prelude.. Car is clean just have tranny issues and its basically stock.

A friend of mine had a spare auto transmission from his 5 speed swap. I was wondering how much it usually run to get a transmission checked to make sure everything is right?

Well I would say if it ran in your buddy's car before he took it out, chances are its still in good shape. I don't think auto's get beat on as hard as manuals due to the whole clutch dumping launch thing, but I guess it still could have been neutral bombed or something. I'd ask your buddy if he beat on it at all, and if not, I wouldn't spend the extra money to have it professionally looked at, I'd spend the extra money to put good tranny fluid in it.

^ true ask him about the condition and keep your extra cash for the other stuff you need...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back