The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New car lots of questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyjoker777

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2004
Medicine Hat, Alberta_Canada
okay gettin a 98 eclipse GST tommorow(my first turbo car)

ill start with the exterior its a white car im definatly getting a carbon fiber hood and some 18" black/gunmetal C5's with a mild drop

for the tailights should i get black carbon fiber or crome...(definatly not stock)
and i must have projectors so should i get the black or chrome with halo's
also im rather skilled with carbon fiber so i was thinking of wrapping the stock wing in CF think this would look good? or just leave it white.

now for engine mods i plan on doing

first thing i plan on doing is blow off valve probably the type S since i heard its the easiest to install and works just fine considering the hksq one as well.(anyplace i can go to listen to the dif blow off valves the one in the faq doesnt work)

now would there be any benifit to just adding a new muffler to the exhaust(other than for sound) without new downpipe cat or bigger piping?dont really want to hastle with exaust.

boost controler(should i bother getting this i plan on gettin minimal mods but still want to go fast at certain times but not sure what the car boosts at stock but i heard it can be turned up to 15psi stock without mods correct me if im wrong) i will have a new boost gauge i know the stock one sucks...

also what would be another good gauge to get im gettin a voltmeter (big stereo system) and boost gauge i was thinking exaust temp...

also how many amps is the stock alt rated for... and what are the size of the speakers in the car

the system i have built for this car includes a alpine in dash lcd/dvd/cd HU 3 12 alpine type Rs and type R 6x9s and type R 5 1/4s all amped acourdingly

sorry for the long post but better to have one long one than post every 10min when i get a new question and i am very interested in meeting alot of you :thumb:

Welcome to the DSM world. Heres my opinion:
Exterior:
CF hood :thumb: , Black housing halos, black housing tails, no CF wing :barf:
Perf. Mods:
Type S is a proven BOV, cant go wrong; Just Muffler =very very little to mostly no perf gains; I have personally squeezed 15pis safely on the T-25; Oil pressure and EGT or Logger has them all; Stock Alt is small, i have a 1000rms MTX amp on a 1.0 farad cap that still dims the lights.....stock sizes = 6" in the front 6x9's rear (shallow mounting depth, type r's wont fit with out pounding out the wheel well)

Crazyjoker777 said:
for the tailights should i get black carbon fiber or crome...(definatly not stock)
and i must have projectors so should i get the black or chrome with halo's
also im rather skilled with carbon fiber so i was thinking of wrapping the stock wing in CF think this would look good? or just leave it white.

:thumb:

Let me guess, an ex Honda. :p I would save the money and put it in suspension or a new turbo. My exterior is bone stock except for wheels, fmic and exhust. Welcome to DSM.

no acura and chevy and im already gettin suspension and wheels and i wont replace the turbo till it blows or gets close to it i dont really need to go that fast.

Crazyjoker777 said:
no acura and chevy and im already gettin suspension and wheels and i wont replace the turbo till it blows or gets close to it i dont really need to go that fast.

You say that now.... :D

wow im surprised its gone this far without any serious flames :)

the electrical system on these cars SUCKS. the stock radio at mid volume still dims my interior lights, dont know about any heavy stereo equipment but the alternator cant be very powerful. the type s sounds good, and judging by your list of stuff that you want to do i am assuming you want one that is loud, and the type s is.. even recirculated you can hear mine down the block. a hard intake pipe and k&n filter make the turbo sounds a lot louder, plus they are bling as shit. 15 psi is fine on stock everything else, just make sure you upgrade your blowoff valve before turning up the boost because the stock one leaks like hell and when i put on my type s my boost jumped up from 15 to 20 psi, the stock one leaked that badly.. spinning the t25 faster than 15 guarentees it will be dying on you in the near future. also, please dont get just a muffler.. i can excuse the visual mods but that crosses just a bit too far into rice territory :)

Crazyjoker777 said:

acura = honda with a different name. You WILL want to go fast, its just a matter of time....... and whether or not you can "relieve" enough people of money to make your plans reality........

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back