The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

New Best 10.09 @ 138

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddmeunier

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2002
Bowling Green, Kentucky
YouTube - Todd Meunier's 10 Second Eagle Talon

60' = 1.424
1/8 = 6.468
mph = 111.57
1/4 = 10.091
mph = 138.34

Getting very close to my 9 second goal.

Here is the very basic setup:

Engine - everything stock except HKS 272 profile cams and BS removed. Stock valve train and stock composite head gasket and bolts

Shep Stage 1.5 with welded diff - ACT 2900 and SB Kevlar disc

M&H 24.5 slicks

DSMlink V2, 1000cc injectors, M15 and M12 meth injection, single 255HP, 93 pump

0.82 35R on an old school SFP T3 manifold at 37 psi - JMF Race SMIM

Race weight is 2950 with driver

seriously... single 255 and 93 octane? stock internals? i heard i stock internals were strong but this proves it..
That seem insane to me... anyone else?
This is due to a Great tune, and good driving i assume... to all those kids that throw nothing but money and bigger better parts, but tune worth crap, you wonder why you only run 12's! haha

Congrates man!

Wow VERY nice considering the motor is mostly stock......

Real nice, car pulls strong down the track. Nice 60' as well, car looks pretty squirrley in the 1-2 shift area though..nonetheless, it's definitely got a 9 in it. Congrats:thumb:

Raceweight is 2950 with driver??

I'm a little confused here...I always thought stock we were about 2550 lbs. Unless you weigh 400 lbs and are completely full weight then one of these is wrong.

Check out Consumer Guide

1990-1994 Eagle Talon: Full Review - Consumer Guide Automotive

That article must be referring to a non turbo FWD car with no options at all such as the Talon ES or later 1.8 liter SOHC Talon DL. The average 1G AWD DSM weighs in at 3110 lbs. Turbo FWD cars are 2700-2800 lbs.

So, if his total weight is 2950 and he's 200 lbs., then he's actually got about 360 lbs. of weight out of his car......

My car weighs in at 2265...it's also a '90 Talon AWD......with me in it 2470lbs., which means I have approximately 845 lbs. out of my car.

That article must be referring to a non turbo FWD car with no options at all such as the Talon ES or later 1.8 liter SOHC Talon DL. The average 1G AWD DSM weighs in at 3110 lbs. Turbo FWD cars are 2700-2800 lbs.

So, if his total weight is 2950 and he's 200 lbs., then he's actually got about 360 lbs. of weight out of his car......

My car weighs in at 2265...it's also a '90 Talon AWD......with me in it 2470lbs., which means I have approximately 845 lbs. out of my car.

Very good info. Thank you for clearing that up for me! A buddy of mine has an s2000 and I remember being blown away that a stock 1g gsx would be a little over 200 lbs lighter, turns out its the other way around!

Master tuner. I am surprised that you can get away with that kind of boost pressure with a composite head gasket.

Boost pressure I am running at will not kill a head gasket. Detonation will though pretty quick. And a poor head/block surface.

I have also had very good success with the early 1G head bolts. They have done me well in the multiple times I have reused them over the last 10 years.

Tuning/driving is always key. All the parts just need to be tight LOL.

I've been 11.20 with my car @ 136 with my stock motor on a 35r over 5 years ago.. I tuned built and raced my car. I purchased a built motor because I wanted to run nitrous. My built motor was built "loose". I listened to the machine shop, and had nothing but problem with that block. I'm building another "stock" block myself with a friends help it will be up and running in a few weeks. It's just how things come together, and his setup works.

I've been 11.20 with my car @ 136 with my stock motor on a 35r over 5 years ago.. I tuned built and raced my car. I purchased a built motor because I wanted to run nitrous. My built motor was built "loose". I listened to the machine shop, and had nothing but problem with that block. I'm building another "stock" block myself with a friends help it will be up and running in a few weeks. It's just how things come together, and his setup works.

Tight as in no loose bolts in the car. I like the motor kinda in the mid range, Ive had less problems like that with my 6 year old internals.

I think setting up motors too loose sucks. Built motors are over rated, and so is race gas.

11.2@136 that should have been a 10.4 LOL. What was your 60 foot 2.2.

I like easy bs setups.

Tight as in no loose bolts in the car. I like the motor kinda in the mid range, Ive had less problems like that with my 6 year old internals.

I think setting up motors too loose sucks. Built motors are over rated, and so is race gas.

11.2@136 that should have been a 10.4 LOL. What was your 60 foot 2.2.

I like easy bs setups.

1.96 60 ft w/ 205/55r16 on all season stock radials. I spun hard in 1st and thru 2nd.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back