1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G New Altenator Connector

Posted by aaronth777, Sep 21, 2020

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. aaronth777

aaronth777 Proven Member

Joined Apr 12, 2015
    Roseville, California
    My 4-wire alternator connector broke and won't lock into place anymore, so it's time for a new one. I looked at all the places selling the connector online, and found a few on ebay. It came in the mail, but in the pigtails all 4 wires are the same gauge as opposed to the factory wires where 2 wires are thicker (I believe black and red factory wires are thicker). Is this something I should be concerned about? From searching on here I think the red wire is a sensing wire for the voltage regulator, and the black wire goes to the dash light. I just don't want to wire it if it's a hazard.

Street Build 826  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    It shouldn't be a problem for the alternator for those wires are concerned.

8K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM