The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need some input/thoughts on 400hp build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUPER fly TSI

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 21, 2004
Chesterton, Indiana
As the title states I would like some input and thoughts on my build. I have seared some things but each build is different. I really want 400hp, not 350 or 360, 370 will be alright, ill be pretty happy with 380-390 but 400 is the goal, I could always add cams and maybe a better exhaust manifold if I dont get 400. Well heres the list
FP 68HTA
Walbro 255
ETS 7" street fmic
DSM Link
I have to search for a good bov and boost controller
Things I have are
750 injectors
Evo 3 exhaust manifold and o2 housing
MAFT translator
3" GM MAF
MISC things I will also going to get
ACT 2100 clutch and then 4 bolt rear end and then gauges
I want to run E85 so my question is do I have to drain all the gas out and put in E85? Also I was also thinking of having a friend whos a mechanic and check out the engine just because I dont want the engine to blow two weeks after the build because I should have replaced something. Thanks for any input you have.

Everything looks good sofar, but I would skip the ACT2100 and just go with a ACT2600, I don't think 350hp, or 400hp will go good with a 2100... Definitely won't go good on an awd car, a few launchs and it will be slipping in no time.

750's are going to be waaay to small..If you havn't bought them yet get 1000's or bigger just so you don't have to buy new ones in the middle of tuning..Go big or go home is kinda the thing around here..

I say go with 1000's or bigger because that way you dont max out the 700's and then are like ohh shit now I'm going to have to spend more money..So you mise well just go bigger and leave some room to grow..

The 1g bov is good. Just do the dodge mod on it. and e85 is npt that simple, it requires more fuel, so youll need bigger injectors. And other shit, theres a big thread on it, just search for it.

750's are going to be waaay to small..If you havn't bought them yet get 1000's or bigger just so you don't have to buy new ones in the middle of tuning..Go big or go home is kinda the thing around here..

I say go with 1000's or bigger because that way you dont max out the 700's and then are like ohh shit now I'm going to have to spend more money..So you mise well just go bigger and leave some room to grow..

Not necessarily, I saw a guy I knows dyno sheet and he made 399whp on 750cc injectors. BUT, this was with a 20g and 100 oct..

To the OP, I do agree that you should go bigger though. I thought 750s would be enough for me too but I just went and got 1000s mostly because they were almost the same price. Plus I wanted room for more power! :thumb:

Alright thanks for the input, ill prob get bigger injectors then and the ACT 2600

Yea 750's would be too small for e85.

Here's a rough estimate for their flow rates on e85.

750cc @ 100% IDC will support 37.68lbs/min
750cc @ 80% IDC will support 30.15lbs/min

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back