The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

need help with changing paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
I bought a 95 tsi awd that is stock electric blue but the paint is messed up and the color is a little to light for my taste. I would love to do charcoal grey because it looks the best on cars or even a clean white but Im affraid its going to look dumb when I pop my hood and it blue underneath. Any suggestions?

My old car was like that I had it painted black metalic flake but didnt have the bay painted so everytime you poped the hood you saw purplish blue color. I'd say let it go unless you want to pull the engine and paint the engine bay but thats alot of work. So have it painted and deal with looking at a different color under the hood.

another thing to do for the engine bay is cover up the whole engine and everything, cover or remove the shocks, and then sand the shock towers, the fender lip, radiator support and any other large areas and have them spray that to. This does not completely get rid of the color but it will greatly help with the looks. Also, do under the hood and then take off the gas cap and do that to and the jambs (better for selling). Just my .02 cents

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back