The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

NEED HELP Please How bad do i need a super afc and injectors? Fuel cut like crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13secondGST

15+ Year Contributor
May 29, 2004
Brownsville, Texas
Hello guys well im new at this but i couldnt find a thread that would help me out? So i wanted to ask you guys for better help im running a super 20g, bov greddy type s, piping, pulley, act 2100, stock intercooler, walbrofuel pump, wires plugs, stage 2 boost controller, downpipe and exhaust 3 inch. Oh my car is a 95' GST i am currently running a 13.4 my best in the 1/4 mile but lately ive been at 13.6 consistent ive been doing this on slicks and pump gas. Well this is the questions for you guys they told me i needed superafc and injectors and an intercooler? How true is this and how faster will i get if i do this ? What size of injectors should i get? Also my next plan is to run with bigger slicks and lsd on top so if any of you guys can help i would really aprreciated.

Yes, you are in need of a fmic. Get at least 660cc injectors. And go with a maft or a safc to tune them. Do you have any tuning devices. I would highly recommend a pocketlogger, or a wideband unit. Or since you are a 95, you might have the 95 eeprom ecu; in that case, get dsmlink. ;)

How much boost are you running? and what are you trapping in the 1/4 mile?

And yes bigger injectors, some form of fuel control and an Intercooler will yield great gains in power. :thumb:

CanadianTSi said:
How much boost are you running? and what are you trapping in the 1/4 mile?

And yes bigger injectors, some form of fuel control and an Intercooler will yield great gains in power. :thumb:

Im running like 17 or 16 psi and it seems that when i raise the boost it runs the same im guessing it too much hot air. im running a 13.6 at 102mph and the best run was 13.4 at 104mph. do you think i would get alot more mph's

Um, yes. You really need to do a lot of reading.

I am surprised you haven't blown up your motor yet with that turbo, boost level, and injectors.

Not to mention you are on the stock intercooler.

That turbo is capable of traping 115 mph, if you had the setup to utilize it.

i've pretty much got the same setup as you. get some 660cc injectors or bigger, walbro 255 fuel pump, safc, and i went with a supra smic but i would recommend a fmic. i get some heat soak after 2-3 runs. you're hitting fuel cut because you need to tell the ecu to pull less air with the safc but before you do that you need to upgrade your fuel system or your engine will go bye-bye. get a logger like the others said or you will not know what your car is doing especially with a super 20g. i kept hitting fuel cut untill i leaned the safc out to -25 and right now i'm at -32 on my highs (.98 o2's w/18 deg timing).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back