The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need help identifying this transmission part

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse08

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2002
Salt Lake, Utah
I recently had a transmission case crack so I ordered a new one and have everything installed except for this one part. If you could identify this part and explain or show me where it goes it would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time that I've torn down my transmission and this is the only thing stopping me from getting the car back together. The transmission is for a 1995 eclipse GST

Attachments

• 101_0146.jpg
    101_0146.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 101_0147_01.jpg
    101_0147_01.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 223
aproxamitly how big is it? maybe take a pic with a quarter next to it for reference.

if its small like an inch long it looks like it might be one of the dowel pins to line up the bellhousing with the block

Well I looked at the link provided and it says that part is used to align the flywheel. The problem is, the flywheel and clutch are still on the car and nothing is missing as far as I can tell. Also the part found on slowboy has a flat end on both sides where as the part I'm referring to has rounded edges. So I'm still stumped. I have looked all over vfaq., the cd manual and still haven't found anything. Thanks for the help though. If theres any more ideas on what the part is please let me know.

I can tell u exactly what it is and u do need it. If i look in the trans where the reverse lever goes onto the sliding part on the shift rails well that part goes in that metal sliding piece it floats in that sleve right between the 3-4 and the 5-r rail it keeps the reverse gear from engaging while in another gear
u must install it

Thanks for your help. I had found a few pictures and kind of figured where the piece goes, but after speaking with John Shepard a few times he told me with the setup I'm running the transmission won't last long at all without being upgraded. So now I need to save up some money and then I will send him the tranny with all parts so he can put it together. Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back