The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

W5M33 Transmission: Is this all the parts I need for rebuild? HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMRevolution

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2002
Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
I am just going to have a local shop rebuild my transmission for me out of my 93 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. I am trying to put together a parts list so I can order the parts from Conicelli. I called them, but they really didn't want to help me over the phone. I hope somebody here can help me! Here is my list so far...

Bearings and Seals - Is there only 4 seals and 4 bearings total that need to be replaced? Is there a name for these so I can order them?

Keys and Springs - I have no idea what these are for, but what will I want to tell Conicelli I need? How many are there? Where do they go?

EVO shift forks - They know what these are.

Double synchro 2nd - Is this what I tell them I want? Anything else that goes along with this?

1,3-5 gear synchros - They should know.

2x36mm stake nuts - Is this all I say I need? Are these required?

Axle Seals - They should know.

Shift fork pins - Required I am assuming?

VC Snap ring - What is this?

Intermediate + input shaft snap rings - I need these too correct?

2g oil screener - This is the screener that will work right?

90-91 short oil guide - Do I need this?

Spacer for Intermediate + input shaft bearings - Will Conicelli Know?

Will this be everything that I need for the rebuild? I am kind of lost right now as to what I need. Anything else that you would recommend? Thank you very much.

You need to know the specific sizes for the shims/ clips and will not know what sizes you need until you are reassembleing the tranny. look here for detailed instrucion http://vfaq.com

Thanks for the reply. I have checked out Vfaq.com many times and have not found any information on what parts to order. It doesn't list it in their part rebuild section. Thanks though! Hopefully the place I am getting it rebuilt at will find out. Oh, and what do you mean by clips?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back