The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Need for Speed Carbon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyschoslipknot

15+ Year Contributor
May 21, 2006
Overland Park, Kansas
Its a pretty decent game. The graffics are really nice. I really like the customizability of the bodykit, wheels etc.
But is it just me or is the track drifting terrible. Its just not realistic. Has anyone else tried the drifting in the game yet. The first one I did looked just like all of the other NFS's. You know at one of those crazy shaped tracks that makes no sense. The touge on the other hand is pretty cool. You can actually fall off of the cliff. My favorite thing to do while on the touge is try and slide with the ass of the car off of the edge and just knock out as many signs as possible. Its pretty cool to watch.
Oh and if someone is farther than my 7% ROFL into the game, can you please explain the blocker, wingman, scout etc. thingy cause I just dont get it.

I finished the career mode this weekend. The only guy worth anything (IMO) is the blocker.

The Drafter = when activated gets in front of you, and allows you to go really fast if you stay close.

The Scout = trys to stay ahead of you (and can get in the way) and show you the shortcuts.

The Blocker = when activated sends your target spinning. Great if your teammate is in second and a computer car is closing on you two.

The graphics are very pretty, and the guardrails are a neat idea. The drifting is pretty simplistic once you get the hang of it.

I like the drafter the best. I think its a really fun game imo. I'm only at 72% and just unlocked the Evo.

It's not as good as I hoped it would be. Of the NFS games, Most Wanted is still the best and as far as car games in general go, I think Test Drive Unlimited is the most complete despite the fact that the graphics aren't as slick as the latest NFS series. I do like the story line in this one though.

Yeah TDU is a great car game. The graphics are slick, the car selection is excellent, and the gameplay is enjoyable (except for the police). The in car view in that game is amazing.

I just bought this game yesterday and so far it's pretty fun. Thing I didn't like about it so far is that the RX-8 is the only "tuner" car you can get at the beginning. I'm not a big fan of it and I don't want to spend money on it to build it up, but I guess I'll probably have to until I get the GSX.

You can buy and pimp the 4G Eclipse, but you have to unlock the 2G, and it can't be customised :mad:

andymoraitis said:
Of the NFS games, Most Wanted is still the best...

I agree, Most wanted was awesome compared to Carbon. I am about 90% complete on the career mode and it hasn't taken me that long. At least in Most Wanted it took you a while to get through the 15 members of the Black List. The Porche Cayman is my favorite of all the cars.

I didn't really like the wingman thing in Carbon. If you are using the Scout, they will usually end up winning the race for you. It's kind of aggrevating.

ChvyKc said:
The Porche Cayman is my favorite of all the cars.

Mine too! I almost always won the VW from the first Blacklist loser and then sold everything to pick up the Audi TT. That thing's a beast and it already has the 6 speed so it has more top end. Definitely though the Cayman and the 911 are plenty fun.

I'm getting further in Carbon and just picked up the Skyline which is probably the best handling of all the cars. I don't know. It's kind of cheesy if you ask me and had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it. MW and TDU are still the best in my opinion.

turbo93gsx said:
how come they didnt make the game xbox live compatible?

Carbon is Live compatible. There are several live-only reward cards even.

beat the story line in a day and a half.

Online is very fun however it's kinda lame that nearly everyone use's the audi, that things stats are nearly maxed out, although then it's debateable cause it comes down to the driver more, but i'd like to use the Evo 9 and still be able to win.

IMO i would love to se two things. One if there going to have a car with near perfect stats, have like 5 that way so you can pick the one you like. #2 the whole "crew" thing should be online as well, how awesome would it be to have a team of real life friends going agenst another team of real people online!

Thats something that I think they could do with a update... anyway nice game but im wanting GOW if I can ever find a copy!

RipperXX said:
Thats something that I think they could do with a update... anyway nice game but im wanting GOW if I can ever find a copy!

I have heard that game is awesome. I am probably going to wait to pick up a 360 until Fable 2 comes out (probably next fall). I don't really see any other games that I am interested in that are out for it besides GOW and you can bet that I am not going to go out and buy a 400 dollar system for one game. I've got to rebuild the motor in the talon anyway. Priorities!!!! :thumb:

Worst 40$ dollars ive spent, but i guess it was my fault i thought it was going to be pretty similar to the last NFS i owned Underground 2 like drag and u get to customize honduhs and and u get the 2g right off the bat but yeah i was kinda dissapointed i bought it for PC if anyone want it hit me up i played 2 races on it and till now it sits in its box :D

I like everything but the Drift modes. It seems the drift modes get less and less realistic every release. IMO NFSU1 had the best drifting engine, but now with NFS:C its like they arcade'd it down to please all the ricers that dont know the physics around drifting and complained that they cant drift their honduh's, it has the same drift charecteristics of the Burnout series, very crappy feeling.

other than that its pretty sweet game. I have it running on my PC on almost all maxxed out and it looks awesome, plus im using my Xbox controller with a homemade usb adapter and XBCD 1.07 software for drivers, i wouldve bought in on Xbox but its free for the pc. I was at 75% but then i reformatted back to XP from x64 cause my main HD took a shit and my savegame wouldnt work, so now im back to 60%.

right now im running with the Camaro SS. I cant seem to find anything better than it, its all modded, but even the Tier2 Cars fully modded dont come close, i tried the 05 Mustang and the RX-7 and those are both maxxed out in Tier2 and they suck.

and Wingmen? they are more of an annoyance than a help. First theyll run into you and cut you off at the starting line, then if youre behind them and catch up, theyll randomly slam on the brakes and try to wipe you out like youre the other drivers, without you even hitting their help button. Scouts are decent, though most the shortcuts youre gonna end up pulling out of them slower cause theyre narrow and full of debris and slows you down, i think theres two that i use. Drafters are pointless, this isnt nascar.

all in all im glad it was free. the last 3 were each awesomer than the last, but this one i could say im glad i didnt pay for it. Most wanted is still the best.

TrystanGST said:
You can buy and pimp the 4G Eclipse, but you have to unlock the 2G, and it can't be customised :mad:

You better be kidding.. I was pissed when I found out I had to jump through hoops to unlock the 2g, and now I find out it can't even be customized?! I'm buying an XBOX and Forza.. :mad:

You better be kidding.. I was pissed when I found out I had to jump through hoops to unlock the 2g, and now I find out it can't even be customized?! I'm buying an XBOX and Forza.. :mad:

Forza 2 comes out in Feb. already got it on reserve that game is gonna be the shit! I got the career mode 100% done on Carbon and now all I do is go online and play. The police tag online is awesome.

RipperXX said:
Online is very fun however it's kinda lame that nearly everyone use's the audi, that things stats are nearly maxed out, although then it's debateable cause it comes down to the driver more, but i'd like to use the Evo 9 and still be able to win.
I use the Gallado and i dont seem to have any trouble with anyone that runs the Audi Le Mans. But mines kinda setup more for acceleration, since it will go 230MPH without messing with the top end.

I have the PSP version..& obviously the Xbox & Playstation versions are a lot better. The PSP version doesn't have drifting..& they don't have Scouts. It just has Drafters, Brawlers, & Assassins. I like the assassins..they lay down spike strips in front of your opponents.

the game is good but all the streets with sharp turns sucks when trying to run form the cops and all the best cars are at the end of the game and it was just way to easy beat the game in 2 days. im also jumping thru the hoops for the 2g. i also agree with the whole online team racing thats what i thought it was going to be like when i bought the game.

i knjow but you can race if it you want. that game was kida ###. i beat most wanted with the evo. it was so bad ass and i was pretty proud.

The length of the game was a little disappointing for me, and those damn cops can be a pain sometimes, especially when their cars seem to out accelerate your supposedly beefed up car. I guess that's the challenge though. The only other thing I didn't like about it was the text that pops up on the screen when you enter a new zone, and then hangs there in the middle of the screen blocking your view! :)

Other than that, it was a pretty fun game. Not too bad, but not the greatest in the series that's for sure.

I just got the game today. So far I agree with you guys about disliking the drifting part of it... but otherwise I enjoy it. Question though: can you sell your cars??? I've got the RX-8 stock, 4g eclipse stock, and mazdaspeed 3 maxed out. I want to get rid of the other two so I can buy the RX-7 I just released or whatever I get next. That's over 50k not being used but I can't figure our how to sell any of my cars...

nevermind, i figured out how to sell them. but i'm pretty sure they sell for way less than their "value." i love the FD though!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back