The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

need a quick answer regarding nitrous on a high mileage engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97eclipseRS

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2003
Ft. Myers, Florida
ok i did a quick search on this topic but didnt find anything that really gave me the answer i was looking for because most of the people asking this have about 130k or more miles on their cars as is. right now, i have close to 110k. i want to spray just for the nice little power gain i will see from it but im not sure how safe it would be on my car. as it stands now, my car runs pretty good but i have yet to do a compression check so i am unsure as to what the numbers are for it. if i stay on stock internals, i dont think i would go over a 50 shot but if it came down to it and i needed to rebuild, i would probably jump the shot up to a 75 or 100. my question is this, how safe would it be to put a 50 shot on my car as it is now? i know that the results of a compression test would really help in answering this question but just hypothetically speaking, i want to know how safe it would be to spray a 50 shot on my car. i wont be spraying all the time either, just every now and then when i take my car to the track. thanks for any and all help :dsm:

It should work just fine. Remember though any time you add more power, its going to wear on things faster, so if anything is going to go wrong with your motor, youll find out. Personally i would run it, if it breaks it needed rebuilding anyway. :thumb:

DV8 said:
It should work just fine. Remember though any time you add more power, its going to wear on things faster, so if anything is going to go wrong with your motor, youll find out. Personally i would run it, if it breaks it needed rebuilding anyway. :thumb:

thats what i was thinking. i mean i plan on rebuilding it sometime down the road anyway because i am sure i will want to run a higher shot but i wanted to make sure i could spray a 50 or at the very least a 35 shot for the time being. thanks for the quick answer :dsm:

a 50 shot is perfectly safe on stock internals. Just use it responsibly and youll be fine :thumb:

I would highly recommend doing a compression check, as with all maintenance items, such as replacing fuel filter, plugs, wires and making sure your injectors are up to par. Other than that you shouldn't have any problems running a 75 shot, as long as everything checks out ok. Good luck! :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back