The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Resolved N240H Injector Specs

Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pasta_Ricer

Proven Member
Nov 2, 2021
Zanjan, Asia
Hey guys,

I'm slowly making a Speeduino for my car and it will be done in 2-3 weeks.
In order to tune the car, I need to know some stuff about my stock injectors. They are N240H meaning they are 240 cc/min and high impedance, but I need to know the dwell time of these at 12V.
I tried using an oscilloscope on one of the injector connectors while decelerating the engine and I got about 0.8 ms @ 14.5V but that is obviously the dwell time + injection time.

Does anyone know the actual dwell time for these injectors or a way to find them without using the diagnostic port on my ECU? (I have a dual-board ECU and I couldn't successfully communicate with it)

Thanks!

Deadtime is highly dependent on the injector drivers. I could pull the table of deadtime by battery voltage from a 4G63 NT ECU but at best it would only be a starting point for use with Speeduino.

Deadtime is highly dependent on the injector drivers. I could pull the table of deadtime by battery voltage from a 4G63 NT ECU but at best it would only be a starting point for use with Speeduino.
Hey Steve.

The drivers used on the V0.3.7 Speeduino that I will be using are MOSFET based which have extremely low Rdson of about 60 mOhms and the injectors would be driven directly off of these, but you are right.

That would be of great help and I would really appreciate it if you could give me the values.

Steve, could you also pull up the stock 4G63 NT spark timing table? I couldn't find any info online and I would highly appreciate it if you could give me something to go off of. Until I make my DIY knock detection mechanism, I want to detune the timing table for a safe operation for a while till I can actually sit down and tune cell by cell safely.

The table in the E930 NA software is:
;******************************************************************
; Injector deadtime as a function of battery voltage
; Each unit correspond to 24us ($08 = 192us)
; Volts: 4.7, 7.0, 9.4, 11.7, 14.1, 16.4, 18.8
c3 2d 1b 12 0c 08 07

4.7v - 4680us
7.0v - 1080us
9.4v - 648us
11.7v - 432us
14.1v - 288us
16.4v - 192us
18.8v - 168us

Converting the timing maps is more involved than I have desire to do right now.

The table in the E930 NA software is:
; Injector deadtime as a function of battery voltage
; Each unit correspond to 24us ($08 = 192us)
; Volts: 4.7, 7.0, 9.4, 11.7, 14.1, 16.4, 18.8
c3 2d 1b 12 0c 08 07

4.7v - 4680us
7.0v - 1080us
9.4v - 648us
11.7v - 432us
14.1v - 288us
16.4v - 192us
18.8v - 168us

Converting the timing maps is more involved than I have desire to do right now.
That is amazing info. Thank you so much Steve! ❤️

It's okay, I'll figure something out. Thanks again :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back