The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

n\t spyder 4g63 awd turbo swap HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_gst

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2008
IE, California
ok so if any one had done this pleas chime in.

i can get a 95 nt spyder for really cheap with no motor or trans. now i have a complete 95 gsx and she is in need of a new body just because shes not in the best of shape. i always thought it would be awesome to have an awd spyder so i am really thinking about doing this.

now for the things i am unsure of.

can i just swap in my motor and drivetrain like the normal awd conversion.
and also can i just swap in the turbo engine harness and ecu(i have ecmlink).

i really want to hear from anyone who has swapped a turbo ecu into a spyder.

thanks!

yes, everything bolts right in. The harness will just need to be changed along with the ecu (very easy procedure) I did it in around 20-30min maybe less. Motor swap has same mounts and awd swap is as simple as the gst to gsx swap. Let me know if you have any questions, I too began with a N/T spyder

ok awesome man... i think i might pick that spyder up today... if you have any quick tip on the whole thing send me a pm.

so i wont have to repin anything if i completly swap the engine with the whole harness and my ecu... i have ecmlink also

Nope, disconnect the plugs inside the car of the old harness (4 or 5 plugs) and take it out via engine compartment, then feed the turbo harness through, hook up the sensors you previously disconnected and install your ecu with dsmlink. Throw in the motor and hook up the harness and you're golden!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back