The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

N/a talon with turbo helppp!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992_Talon_tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2009
MIAMI, Florida
Guys i need help, this morning i install a new eprom turbo ECU, and also rewire in the injectors resistor pack and installed a new manual FPR. For some reason when i was done i turn on the key and the cars cranks does like if it got spark on the cylinder and is going to start, but it wont start i really need help on this!

Do you have the fpr adjusted right if it is adjusted to far out you will not have any fuel pressure

Wow i thought nobody wanted to help thanks guys, and no i dint wire in the mas because i was checking some old thread and found out that it would run just as fine with the n/a mas alto im doing it sometime because and setting up my MAF-T setup, and as for the FPR i adjusted a little bit and the first time i cranked it gauge call it at 43psi then it would just stay at 20psi and lower then i re ajusted and call 38psi and went back to 20 and lower again, and im running EVO MR 560cc injectors witch where tested at 43.5psi at a flow rate of 625cc/min, im really fustrated been waiting for weeks to get parts together and installed them and now it wont start! Btw got some pics of the resistor rewiring..

Last edited:
We need to move this picture to the things that make you shake your head thread.
111900d1279858052-n-talon-turbo-helppp-img_69110.jpg

This is a joke right?

I like the little rat balls on the connections, coverning them with heat shrink will be fun! And the wire that are supposed to be connected to neg. going to what looks to be no where are a nice thouch.:ohdamn:

You're going to either need to rewire those or get a new set of injector clips. It looks to me that they're cut wayyy to close to do anything with any more. Also becareful with the neg. wires. I can't see were you have them hooked to but electrisity going to were it's not supposed to be might damage wires and what ever else it's hooked into.

Also I see in one of the pics that you have a translator, is it hooked in, or is it just there for show for now.

Last edited:
We need to move this picture to the things that make you shake your head thread.

This is a joke right?

Alright if you going to start making fun of others electrical uneducated dsm'ers dont even bother on writing in this thread and doing this for my first time. First off all the side thats cut are the 12V wires that ground into the ECU and they are taped i just dint cut them or heat shrink them so if anything goes wrong like it did i could be able to fix it with no problem. If you have any idea of what im doing its wiring in the Injectors resistor pack (gray case on the firewall) The injectors resistor is powered by a single 12v wire so what did i do? Cut the four 12v wires and use one of them to power up the resistor pack, then i cut the positive wires on the connector and i wired each one of them into the 4 black wires of the resistor pack. But i feel something its just wrong!

Last edited:
Alright if you going to start making fun of others electrical uneducated dsm'ers dont even ####ing bother on writing in this thread and doing this for my ####ing first time. First off all the side thats cut are the 12V wires that ground into the ECU and they are taped i just dint cut them or heat shrink them so if anything goes wrong like it did i could be able to fix it with no problem. If you have any idea of what im doing its wiring in the Injectors resistor pack (gray case on the firewall) The injectors resistor is powered by a single 12v wire so what did i do? Cut the four 12v wires and use one of them to power up the resistor pack, then i cut the positive wires on the connector and i wired each one of them into the 4 black wires of the resistor pack. But i feel something its just wrong!

Oh sorry! I really thought you were kidding with this. If your grasp on the fundementals of electricity is so weak, you really shouldn't ever touch your car, or anything else for that matter.

For starters, here's a basic electrical circuit:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's a less basic electrical circuit:

Notice how two wires have to go to each injector?

you essentially made your injector circuit an open circuit. current has to have a path in and a path out. that wiring schematic should help you alot. read up on ohms law .

also not to hurt your feelings or insult you but your soldering? if you can call it that is terrible. i would love to help you wiring is something i love.

i always strive to make sure no one can ever tell that i was ever in there get shrink tube on your solder connections (not the cheap sh!t get the stuff with the glue in it) dont use tape it wont last. good luck

no reason to hate, even if it is a shitty job you guys dont have to be like hey man you suck

You know what i love about this? You all saw the picture, started talking thrash about it, and nobody came out with an helping answer wow. Ok im electrically challenged but at the same time im not, i actually found out what i did wrong and if supposedly anybody here knows so much about it. Why could nobody figure out what was wrong? I heard oh but do it right, also helpful members making fun out of it, and the last that just made me so mad, if i dont know how to do something i should never try to learn wth? Where you born with all that apparent knowledge? i dont think so, somebody its always going to be a rookie at something, and they have to learn by practicing and acepting consequenses and thats me this time!!!! Anyways i actually found what was wrong..

Last edited:
1992_Talon_tsi said:
Alright if you going to start making fun of others electrical uneducated dsm'ers dont even ####ing bother on writing in this thread and doing this for my ####ing first time.
I only said the 1 thing I knew. Not the correct fuel pressure. I tried to help, and I thought you had them grounded.
I do like that you stand up for yourself, and I may be in love with that FMIC.
You are 100% right about everyone being a rookie at points.
People on Sites can be dicks, I know all about that.
But, Im glad you got it worked out with the car, and hope It stays reliable.
-Slicks.

you essentially made your injector circuit an open circuit. current has to have a path in and a path out. that wiring schematic should help you alot. read up on ohms law .

also not to hurt your feelings or insult you but your soldering? if you can call it that is terrible. i would love to help you wiring is something i love.

i always strive to make sure no one can ever tell that i was ever in there get shrink tube on your solder connections (not the cheap sh!t get the stuff with the glue in it) dont use tape it wont last. good luck

I essentially made the injectors suffer!! And its my first time soldering as well i know how bad it looks but wanted to hear my DSM on and i did a quick job i did all that in about 15min, this time im going to do it better bought a set of evo clips because old1 where useless, and btw thank you and others that tried to help this thread is officially close!

Lol this thread makes me LOL. Yea sure your a rookie but I mean come on. People should be hard on you. Look at how its wired bro. I dont know why you would get all but hurt in the first place. It's not like you know any of these people in real life. Read up on how to do it the RIGHT way and do it the RIGHT way because if you do it the WRONG way, you could fry the ECU or catch your car on fire.

what is going on is this. the ecu completes a ground to the injector that it wants to fire so no power should go to the (YL) yellow ,(YB) yellow w/black stripe,(LG) light green, or the (LGW) light green w/white stripe. if you hook power to those wires you WILL fry your ecu.

now the resistor pack should have Ignition on power. (not consistent power from the battery) but Ignition on when you turn your key to the on/run position.

look at the diagram a few posts above.

now that being said i would HIGHLY recommend someone with electrical knowledge ether help you or do it for you. even if you have to pay someone. otherwise you will be wasting your time and money frying ecus and possibly causing a fire.

what is going on is this. the ecu completes a ground to the injector that it wants to fire so no power should go to the (YL) yellow ,(YB) yellow w/black stripe,(LG) light green, or the (LGW) light green w/white stripe. if you hook power to those wires you WILL fry your ecu.

now the resistor pack should have Ignition on power. (not consistent power from the battery) but Ignition on when you turn your key to the on/run position.

look at the diagram a few posts above.

now that being said i would HIGHLY recommend someone with electrical knowledge ether help you or do it for you. even if you have to pay someone. otherwise you will be wasting your time and money frying ecus and possibly causing a fire.

Ok so you actually want me to fry my ECU in 1992 n/t this are the 12v wires, witch are the ones that im not supposed to wired in!

12v colors are: Yellow/White,Yellow Green, Yellow Red, Yellow Black.

You see man i mean could i trust on you? Dont post unless you dont know something for sure!

you know i tried to help you.
I have over 10 years experience fixing wiring problems in bmw's witch are one of the most complex cars in the world. do you even know what a Can bus system is or have you ever tried to fix a fiber optics system in a 7 series ? by the wiring diagram that is posted above do you even see where the injectors are? i was trying to help you NOT fry your ecu and maybe help you get the car running. but you cant even type so people understand you. witch i do believe is one of the posting rules.... have a good day.
your on your own from here on.

you know i tried to help you.
I have over 10 years experience fixing wiring problems in bmw's witch are one of the most complex cars in the world. do you even know what a Can bus system is or have you ever tried to fix a fiber optics system in a 7 series ? by the wiring diagram that is posted above do you even see where the injectors are? i was trying to help you NOT fry your ecu and maybe help you get the car running. but you cant even type so people understand you. witch i do believe is one of the posting rules.... have a good day.
your on your own from here on.

You know what im just fustrated im sorry, it was a miss understood. But im actually right look at this diagram its from a 92 n/t. And no i dont have any idea of what are you talking about and like i said im not so electrically educated, but i made my research although i had a miss understood witch i already cleared it up.
The four 12 volt wires that currently go to the injectors have no use at all. The white wire on the resistor pack does need a solid switched 12 volt source sent to it.
So what im actually doing its cutting the 12v wires from the injector and putting the black wire in its place, but one of those 12v wires its going to help me give the resistor 12v needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you have that right from the diagram.
but what i was talking about is the wires you dont have hooked up. the signal's (ground's) coming from the ecu need to be installed on the other side to complete the circuit so the injectors will fire off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back