The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Mystery Misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleet

Probationary Member
May 18, 2022
Niagara, Wisconsin
Hey everyone. So I picked up this bone stock 99gst a couple months ago. It hasn’t ran right and sat for 4 years. I fixed all the miss fire codes and it still misfires. It has a egr delete and while running and misfiring i unplug it and runs and drive great. Ok awesome then leaving it unplugged it doesn’t start back up. Anyone have any ideas what to look for?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey everyone. So I picked up this bone stock 99gst a couple months ago. It hasn’t ran right and sat for 4 years. I fixed all the miss fire codes and it still misfires. It has a egr delete and while running and misfiring i unplug it and runs and drive great. Ok awesome then leaving it unplugged it doesn’t start back up. Anyone have any ideas what to look for?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You unplug what?
Please give us full information.
Did you get it running well or has it never ran right so far? Still have old gas? Checked mechanical timing? Done any other maintenance?

You unplug what?
Please give us full information.
Did you get it running well or has it never ran right so far? Still have old gas? Checked mechanical timing? Done any other maintenance?
Thanks for the reply. So car sat I got it and ran like crap. I replaced, plugs, wires, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter and got the old gas out and new gas in. All misfire codes are gone. It still runs like crap but better than when I got it.

The other day I start to unplug sensors to check for changes. The egr is deleted. While the car is running it misfires. I unplug the egr sensor while running and it’s instantly better and drives great but leaving it unplugged it doesn’t start. Theses cars are new to me so just trying to get help with it. I was a Subaru guy for a long time LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back