The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

My new Ride GVR-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxspeedxxx

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2010
atwater, California
Just bought this 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. (231/1000):D

In immaculate condition, all stock, original clean white paint, and original white alloy Mitsubishi rims. the interior is super clean, the leather is perfect condition with no rips. There is no mechanical problems what so ever. The transmission and engine are running strong. :hellyeah:

127,405 ORIGINAL miles
never been in a accident
everything is stock, with no modes. except for the Momo shift knob, and Momo steering wheel. i still have the original. ;)

what do you guys think of my new ride?
Rate please : )

Attachments

• ph1oto 4.JPG
    ph1oto 4.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 172
  • ph2oto 2.JPG
    ph2oto 2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 191
  • ph3oto 5.JPG
    ph3oto 5.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 189
  • ph4oto 3.JPG
    ph4oto 3.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 180
  • ph7oto 5.JPG
    ph7oto 5.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 188
  • pho4to 1.JPG
    pho4to 1.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 193
  • pho5to 1.JPG
    pho5to 1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 175
  • pho6to 3.JPG
    pho6to 3.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 180
  • pho9to 4.JPG
    pho9to 4.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 183
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 173
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 182
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 172
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
You should go register on GVR4.org. The resources there for the GVR4 are great.

Allwheel steer too??? Damn, thats an awesome car. I would have changed my "9" vote to a "10" had i known LOL. Im aware its a 4g63 turbo too. Alriiiiight, im a lil jealous now .....

Great find man!! that thing is sweet, BUT PLEASE DON"T MESS IT UP BY HACKING IT UP OR DESTROYING THE MOTOR OR TRANNY. PLEASE !!! those galants are getting harder and harder to find in that shape. so please just restore it and enjoy it=) I know it's your car and you will do what you want but if u find the need to have a big bad DSM , find another beat up shell or project becuase that galant you have is
B-E-A-U-tiful. GREAT FIND MAN. This is my thoughts.=)

Your car looks great and I definitely voted it a 10, mainly because I just got a GVR4 myself. Only one thing bothers me. The valve cover and lack of a heat shield on the exhaust manifold. The valve cover is from an Eclipse or Talon and the lack of an exhaust heat shield will allow the boost pipe to heat up the air inside of it making the intercooler have to remove more heat than necessary. For these reasons you should bring the car to me and I'll give you what you paid for it. LOL no seriously you should register on GalantVR4.org I have the same screen name there and on EvoM.net feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns or if you ever decide to sell this beautiful machine. I also feel you should keep it stock. These are rare and hard to find in that condition.

Josh

Your car looks great and I definitely voted it a 10, mainly because I just got a GVR4 myself. Only one thing bothers me. The valve cover and lack of a heat shield on the exhaust manifold. The valve cover is from an Eclipse or Talon and the lack of an exhaust heat shield will allow the boost pipe to heat up the air inside of it making the intercooler have to remove more heat than necessary. For these reasons you should bring the car to me and I'll give you what you paid for it. LOL no seriously you should register on GalantVR4.org I have the same screen name there and on EvoM.net feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns or if you ever decide to sell this beautiful machine. I also feel you should keep it stock. These are rare and hard to find in that condition.

Josh

Thanks man, it seems like you are very knowledgable about these cars, I will defend illy let you now if I need help with anything, ooh I already did register on galantvr4.org

So why are you selling it so soon? 92 Galant vr4 - DSM Classifieds

BTW, They made more than 1000 Galant VR4's in the US...Just sayin.

I've been seeing this car on craigslist for the past week or so. Selling it for a 200% + profit is a shame.:nono: SMH They're rare but not worth that much for a stock car. I can find a nicely modded one for that price. But anyways, its your car, ask what you want and if it sells, good for you.

Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

Last edited by a moderator:
I stole it for 18 large bills from an old man that had it for 6 years parked under a shed.

Lol and now you are trying to sell this for 5k? No wonder you didn't list a price in your add here on Tuners. Everyone would just laugh at you. If you were smart you would just hang onto it, but hey it's your car. I would go list it on GVR4.org for a better chance of selling it for that much. Good luck with the sale.

Lol. I love the way every body is hating. Why do you guys care about how much I sell it for, and how much profit I make. I don't really want to sell it, but if someone offers the right price, why not. I mean this car is near perfect condtion for its year. Come on guys, if your not intrested to buy it, then shut the f@&$? Up and stay away from spreading gossip and rumsors.:)

Lol. I love the way every body is hating. Why do you guys care about how much I sell it for, and how much profit I make. I don't really want to sell it, but if someone offers the right price, why not. I mean this car is near perfect condtion for its year. Come on guys, if your not intrested to buy it, then shut the f@&$? Up and stay away from spreading gossip and rumsors.:)

Hating, gossip and rumors? Everyone is "hating" because you were just posting about how you stole the car for 1,800 and are now trying to sell a few weeks later for 5K on the SAME FORUM. That's kinda the equivalent of saying #### you, you guys are suckers and I'm gonna take your money. You haven't done anything major to it since you bought it, so basically the car just being in your ownership has somehow made it appreciate by $3,200. I'm all for flipping stuff to make money, but don't tell all the members here how you stole it for a great deal, and then all in the same breath try and sell it to us by telling us how much it's worth because it's rare. That's insulting. And I must have missed that part where everyone was gossiping and spreading rumors? All that was stated is you marked up the price 200% from what you paid for it, which is true. And your add still says they only made 1000 Galant VR4s in the US, which is also not true. First off, they never made ANY Galant VR4s in the US, they were made in Japan and imported here. And of the VR4s imported here, that number was closer to 3,000, not 1,000. I think you mean to say only 1,000 1992 year model cars were imported that year. If you are using the rarity of the car as a selling point, you should be well informed on exactly how rare it is so you can correctly convey it to a potential buyer who doesn't know. Otherwise, it seems like you are using it as a gimmick. That is especially important here on a forum composed of members who know the info in your add is bunk, as I think it subtracts from your credibility as a seller. At minimum, you should correct your add to reflect accurate info, especially when that specific info is used to promote the sale of your car. Again, good luck with the sale.

Mitsubishi Galant VR-4s imported by year and color (E39A VR4)

how many galant vr4's was there produced | Galant VR-4 > Newbies | GalantVR-4.org Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Forum

I said 1000, meaning galants that were made in 92, and I sad rare, because this vr4 is super clean, I mean in mere perfect condtion clean. And I believe this is the best car I ever bought because I got a great deal and it's super clean, my brothers 04 BMW 545i Is not even cleaner then mine, and I don't see why it's a problem posting it for sell on here, I mean I been getting good offers latly, but am keep it unless I get 5k LOL. However, I don't thank it's a rip off. Cus I've seen vr4s wore then mine go for 5k, check out glant forums. And I got a good deal So what, u would want to kille if I told what I just bought for $800 couple a days ago, hint. Ex CHP early 90's stang. Lol. Super clean, just needs a paint job. . Back to my point, I think you guys are making it a big deal about this sell, just leave me alone. And wait tell i make. 200% profit, then you guys can start hating, for now just chill back and watch me flip this bi***, just like I allows do. Ooh I have just spent over 900 in maintnance. If dot sell it then I am keeping it. Peace, love to all. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I said 1000, meaning galants that were made in 92

Yeah but your for sale add says:
They only made a 1000 galants in the USA
mine is 231

Hmmmm...

I said 1000, meaning galants that were made in 92, and I sad rare, because this vr4 is super clean, I mean in mere perfect condtion clean. And I believe this is the best car I ever bought because I got a great deal and it's super clean, my brothers 04 BMW 545i Is not even cleaner then mine, and I don't see why it's a problem posting it for sell on here, I mean I been getting good offers latly, but am keep it unless I get 5k LOL. However, I don't thank it's a rip off. Cus I've seen vr4s wore then mine go for 5k, check out glant forums. And I got a good deal So what, u would want to kille if I told what I just bought for $800 couple a days ago, hint. Ex CHP early 90's stang. Lol. Super clean, just needs a paint job. . Back to my point, I think you guys are making it a big deal about this sell, just leave me alone. And wait tell i make. 200% profit, then you guys can start hating, for now just chill back and watch me flip this bi***, just like I allows do. Ooh I have just spent over 900 in maintnance. If dot sell it then I am keeping it. Peace, love to all. Lol

Whatever bro. Reading this paragraph makes my head hurt. Do the VR4 community a favor and sell this to someone who will appreciate it for what it is, not for what it's worth trying to flip for cash.

If anyone only knew how people from Modesto were you'd completely understand LOL, its like the butthole of CA next to Merced.
I was gonna make you a reasonable offer till I saw this thread and saw $5k for a BONE STOCK car, then I just LOL'ed and shook my head. Ridiculous to come on here trying to rip people off.

Omg, I dont care about you guys being so negative about the price. I will make a deal with every one on here. If Someone finds a galant like mine, but cheaper than I lower the price even lower than it. So far I've seen only modded ones go for more than that. Mine is brandnew factory stock which makes it even more rare to find and it's white. And I have stock stero. goodness People.

If anyone only knew how people from Modesto were you'd completely understand LOL, its like the butthole of CA next to Merced.
I was gonna make you a reasonable offer till I saw this thread and saw $5k for a BONE STOCK car, then I just LOL'ed and shook my head. Ridiculous to come on here trying to rip people off.

How the F@&$ am I ripping people off. Find a Cleaner vr4 then mine, for lower then 5k. Then I promose you, I will lower the price. Dude it's like the only bone stock white vr4 in the stats. Come on chushe... Stop being so negative and buy this badass car. Lol

$5,000 is ridiculous and you'll be extremely lucky to get that much when there's 400-500whp 1g/2g's out there for that price.

Either way, good luck with the sale and nice find. Oh and please oh PLEASE don't sell it to some punk 16 year old kid that will just hack the crap out of it.

Ooh I have just spent over 900 in maintnance.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/3097345433.html

Edit: If you spent $900 on a couple of hoses and a radiator flush then you must be doing something wrong. NOTHING major was done so how the heck did you spend $900 on maintenance? When was the timing belt done? When was the clutch done? When was the headgasket done? Compression numbers? It's not low mileage so all those things have wear by now especially the timing belt. These are questions you should expect if someone is actually interested in buying it.

$5,000 is ridiculous and you'll be extremely lucky to get that much when there's 400-500whp 1g/2g's out there for that price.

Either way, good luck with the sale and nice find. Oh and please oh PLEASE don't sell it to some punk 16 year old kid that will just hack the crap out of it.

Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

Edit: If you spent $900 on a couple of hoses and a radiator flush then you must be doing something wrong. NOTHING major was done so how the heck did you spend $900 on maintenance? When was the timing belt done? When was the clutch done? When was the headgasket done? Compression numbers? It's not low mileage so all those things have wear by now especially the timing belt. These are questions you should expect if someone is actually interested in buying it.

I had all of that major stuff checked out, all i did was have one the boys at the service department at the Toyota dealer do a maintenance check on it, and that's all it need it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back