The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

My 96 TSI AWD Talon build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredwin

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I picked this up from a friend of mine that was leaving for the Army, Its a 1996 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. When I got it it didnt have the motor, transmission or interior. I owned this car before a while back, but now i have it again for a second time. I just plan on putting it back together, just a basic stock build is good enough for me cause it was gonna get junked if I wouldnt of bought it.
This is what it looked like when I first owned it

And this is how I got it (sescond time I own it)

0042.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

Since its winter I cant work on it cause I dont have a garage:banghead:... But I have been workin on building the motor. I used a 95GSX bottom end and the head is out of a 97 GST. I just have the stock pistons with Cleavite bearings as well as the main bearings.

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

This is how its looking under the hood. I got a lot of cleaning to do.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Found this tranny in Baltimore, MD for a decent price

AWDTranny.jpg

Engine work
I know u shouldnt paint the freeze plugs, i scrapped them after that. Im just thinking of buying brand new ones and replacing them all.
bareblock.jpg

0043.jpg

Mainbearings.jpg

Crank7bolt.jpg

MainBearincap.jpg

ARPmainstuds.jpg

Pistons.jpg

Rodbearings.jpg

Rearmainseal.jpg

FrontCase.jpg

Oilpickuptube.jpg

Painted the oil pan with some engine high temp paint
OilPan.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

0112000926.jpg

0111001820.jpg

0112001347.jpg

AWD_Boosted4g63;bt5699 said:
i'll give you props so far man lookin good he demolished that car how much did u pick it back up for???
Thanks bud.. He wanted it $900 at first, then $500. I told him Id give him $300 for it and he said yes... It came with the rear end and drive shaft also. It needs work as u can tell by the pics, but little by little I will get this done.:)

I like seeing people do there own work....theres guys on here that cant change their own downpipe gasket....thats just pathetic....but i like where your heading with it!!!!Keep up the good work!!!

looks good man. your buddy made some strange decisions with that thing. ie, red battery tray, white paint inside, blue master cyl lid and that gargantuan hole in the fuse panel cover. Looks good man.

Hell yeah it looks like its coming together really nice! good luck hope every thing gos good with it.

I figured I would update since I havent in a while... The car is now running I still gotta get the rest of the exhaust bolted up. I took these pics today since it was nice out.

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

I still gotta fix that crack on the bumper:ohdamn:

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

ok so i gotta say judging from the pics u did good. i also gotta say judging from the pics where the hell do u live alaska theres not even a wink of sun in any of them. LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back