The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

muffler problems( sound clip help)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats almost exactly how my Talon sounded with my Magnaflow when I had my 4g37, I wasnt too impressed by it when I got it, but didnt feel like spending more money to get a different muffler. Your's actually sounds a little deeper, but still has the exact same raspiness that mine had. :mad: I hated that sound!! :mad:

97eagletalonesi said:
:mad: ok i put another one on xl performance magnaflow way to quiet. so i put the old one back on. now im just gonna save up for my turbo and hope for the best.
WTF I wouldn't be able to listen to that long enough to drive anywhere in it.

97eagletalonesi said:
i can understand maybe a higher pitch then a turbo but it just sounds like sumthing is loose inside. they said the piping was 2.5 on my car.
Something loose inside a muffler would be a broken baffle or chunks of a busted converter.If you get a used muff shake it before install.Make sure it doesn't rattle.If it's already on the car then just give it a good palm hit from the bottom to see if you can make it produce that noise you're hearing.A good way to tell if your converter is busted too.Wait for exhaust to cool 1st or use a glove

how would a turbo make it go away. does it produce more back pressure. the xl performance series i got was way to quiet but sound the same. so i put my original back on. gotta pay for my credit card. and i will have half the money for my turbo :sneaky: plus a few suporting mods. :rocks: :talon:

97eagletalonesi said:
how would a turbo make it go away. does it produce more back pressure.
It's already been answered. Go back and read.

trebornash said:
Something loose inside a muffler would be a broken baffle or chunks of a busted converter.If you get a used muff shake it before install.Make sure it doesn't rattle.If it's already on the car then just give it a good palm hit from the bottom to see if you can make it produce that noise you're hearing.A good way to tell if your converter is busted too.Wait for exhaust to cool 1st or use a glove

Im more then willing to bet there is nothing broken in there. I have never heard a non turbo dsm that didnt sound like that.

HighPsi92GST said:
Im more then willing to bet there is nothing broken in there. I have never heard a non turbo dsm that didnt sound like that.

my bad beyotch ROFL just got done working the grave yard shift and havent been to bed yet......

um sooooooooooooooo whats the differance :cool: :rocks: (small joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back