The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

MR2 Alternator swap advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miguelmcv

Supporting Member
May 3, 2009
Fresno, California
I was reading that MR2 uses a 150 amp alternator and wondering if this is possible to swap to our 2g's.., Have some one try this swap?, how the alternator looks like?
I wish it can be possible, and wondering if all MR2 91 to 99 uses the same alternator, because there are some MR2 manual steering as well.
The questions is, Because I am doing the MR2 91 electric power steering pump conversion.
Any one with a good knowledge about the MR2 alternator that can explain.

I do not have any knowledge of the mr2, however, I have done custom alternators in some sound competition cars. I cant imagine that the MR2 alternate would be much different. Could you upload a pic or something of the alternator you want to use and I will see about doing a CAD of the bracket you would need. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back