The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

more shock questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectr019

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 28, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
First off thanks to those of you who answered my questions the other day about the KYB shocks. Now I got one more for yall.
To add a little more detail about my intentions for my car, it's to continue being my daily driver in Lansing, Michigan (pothole capital of the U.S. pretty much) and I've been riding on B&G springs for about a year, which do not have any more of a drop than the ProKit (actually even a little less of a drop I believe).
Okay so now if I go with the KYBs I'll probably just go with the GR2s because I don't really have the need to be adjusting them. But now I've been sorta leaning towards the Tokico HP non-adjustables. Again, I'm going to be replacing the shocks at all four corners. Is there any reputation difference between the two brands? I don't really care about the price, I usually feel a little better buying the more expensive piece, so when the price difference is only going to be around $50 or something I really don't mind going with the more expensive one. But again, it all depends on other rider's happiness with them and their performance reputation.
**** So basically if you just want to skip all that stuff right there, help me out real quick. On a daily driver with B&G springs on it, go with KYB GR2s or Tokico HPs? ****
Thanks a lot for your input.
Ben :talon:

If I was in your situation and money wasn't too much of an issue, I would take Koni reds over kybs and tokicos. I wasn't much of a fan of kyb shocks back when I had them on my old gs. I switched them out for Konis and the improvement was amazing. If money hadn't been an issue when I needed to replace the stockers on my gst, I would have gone with konis again :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back