The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

More clutch Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g00s3y

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2005
East Brunswick, New_Jersey
Ok here are pics of my ACT 2100 pressure plate, clutch street disc, and xact flywheel. This is the second time that this has happened, and i am clueless as to why. There is a squeaking that i hear all the time when i idle. But when i press the clutch pedal in, the squeaking stops. Both times that it happened the disc lasted about 3 months, no track time, no crazy driving, but no matter what that squeaking is always there. Any help here guys???

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its because ACT clutches are crap. I had a friend who shattered two of them and his car was freaking stock.

Check for play in your transmission input shaft and your crank. You might have some worn bearings. You might also be hanging the transmission off the input shaft when you install it and damaging the clutch. It seems unlikely that you'd get two defective clutches in a row.

well the pressure plate and the flywheel are fine, they aren't breaking, but its just the disc :cry:

I have never had this issue in my car . I have run both 2600 and 2900 lb plates with the street disc with no issues 400-600HP . Are you sure the tranny is aligned correctly? are the alignment pins in the block?

Agreed, definitely sounds like a tranny alignment issue chewing up your disks. Things like bad dowel pins, missing bolts, and hanging the trans off of the disk are bad.

Jack

Yeah guys thats what we think it was, tranny misaligned. We found one of the alignment pins crushed and a bolt had also broke by that pin. Got it fixed and new bolts. Will be putting in after my new toys come next week: EVO III Exhaust manifold, EVO III o2 Housing, EVO III Big 16G Turbo, Walbro 190lph Fuel Pump. And of course all new gaskets, bolts, and things to match. Thanks for the help everyone.

Had a problem breaking the tranny bolt closest to firewall. Replaced both dowell pins, and problem solved. The old pins were just a little loose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back