The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

MN and WI dsm'ers please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
Hey, I'm trying to get a hold of a dsm'er who goes by the name of jake vogel. If anyone has talked to him over the past month, or can get a hold of him, please let me know and help me get a hold of him, as well as find out where he is. Any help or information on him would be greatly appreciated.

hopefully, for jake's sake, I won't be buying a plane ticket any time soon.

I'm trying, Brian. Hopefully he calls me tomorrow. If not, I'll probably end up talking to the police this week to try to get my car, as well as my parts and a refund back.

I hope he's okay. I haven't heard from him in a month, though his girlfriend assures me he's all right. They've had flooding there recently, though.

I've been looking for jake for about a month or 2 now as well. Jake is a buddy of mine and usually gets me good deals on parts. He owes me a set of 1000cc injectors that I paid him for a long as time ago. I've already called the winona jail and he's surprisingly not there. I've got a buddy that lives in winona as well and his gf said she saw him in the bars a couple weeks ago. I guess jake kinda does this every once in a while or something and he usually comes around. <-so I've been told. Anyways, I've started a thread about this on mitsustyle.com as well. We'll keep eachother informed.

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16632

he claimed in an email that he lost his phone, I know this isn't true, he claimes he doesn't have internet access all the time, which I know isn't true because of how often he goes on the boards, and how often I TALKED to him online, DAILY. Its always nice to know some people STILL try and run away from their problems.

Yea jake used to be online all the time but he hasn't signed on for a while.

I'm trying, Brian. Hopefully he calls me tomorrow. If not, I'll probably end up talking to the police this week to try to get my car, as well as my parts and a refund back.

I hope he's okay. I haven't heard from him in a month, though his girlfriend assures me he's all right. They've had flooding there recently, though.

How did you talk to his gf?

umm,... jake has boxxy's car, and he has for about 8 weeks now, maybe more. For some reason jake got this wild idea that boxxy wouldn't want it back anytime soon, so when boxxy keeps driving out there to find out whats up since jake WON'T ANSWER HIS PHONE, no one is ever there except his gf. But I'll give jake the benefit of the doubt, hes been working hard, he deserves all this vacation, the camping trip, and now apparently hes in "the cities". Its just good to know that some people can pull an engine and sell it in 8 weeks time, I know I couldn't do that, thats some tough work there. :rolleyes:

seriously, I can understand if hes taking his time and stuff, but he got my block and boxxy's car in EARLY, VERY EARLY July. He promised boxxy two weeks of turn around time. (I actually shipped the motor in June, so he got it, if I recall correctly, in late June).

I drove 4 hours from Milwaukee to Winona last night. I talked to her, made sure she had my phone number, email address, etc., gave her Brian's phone number also, then went home. She said he was in "the cities", which I take to mean Minneapolis/St. Paul, and said he is supposed to be back on Sunday. Since I have to work Sunday, I couldn't stay there, so I drove back home. I was going to just sleep in the back of my truck and driving back this morning, but she sent me a text message saying I was scaring her, which was the last thing on my mind. So I got to drive the four hours back home, in the rain. I got back at about 4am.

Edit: Brian, I dropped my car off on June 13th.

When you say Brian are you talking about me?

I completely agree that jake is a hard worker and does awesome work. I just think it's shady when he upin leaves without saying anything. I mean I talked to jake like all the time as friends and now he's nowhere to be found.

I want to know WHAT the HELL goes through his head. Seriously, was this boy educated as a kid? home schooled? whats his deal. How can someone think they can take someones money and disappear without them giving a hoot?

I had some problems with him too a while back with my car but he'll come around.

Can't really say much more than what's already said though. Hope you guys get your cars back and what not.

So I've recently spoke with Jakes girlfriend about what's going on. Jake is really busy with his dad fixing up some of the homes that were unfortunatly damaged in the winona flood. He's also been spending a lot of time up in the twin cities with family. Eric, he's been working on your car when he can. It sounds like he really wants to get it done and gone with so you will get off their back. Jake is really protective of his girlfriend and I agree that she should be left out of this matter. She doesn't know the details about all Jake's projects so she won't be much help anyways. I'm pretty sure Jake got a different phone or an additional one and we should try to keep the harassment to a mininum. I advised that Jake do his best to contact everybody that he's doing business with and let them know his situation. Hopefully I will hear from him soon as well as the rest of you guys.

So I've recently spoke with Jakes girlfriend about what's going on. Jake is really busy with his dad fixing up some of the homes that were unfortunatly damaged in the winona flood. He's also been spending a lot of time up in the twin cities with family. Eric, he's been working on your car when he can. It sounds like he really wants to get it done and gone with so you will get off their back. Jake is really protective of his girlfriend and I agree that she should be left out of this matter. She doesn't know the details about all Jake's projects so she won't be much help anyways. I'm pretty sure Jake got a different phone or an additional one and we should try to keep the harassment to a mininum. I advised that Jake do his best to contact everybody that he's doing business with and let them know his situation. Hopefully I will hear from him soon as well as the rest of you guys.

ha ha ha ha.......................Im laughing over this matter because you know, what its only $12xxx that me and boxxy have given this guy, your right, we totally shouldn't be trying to contact him using any information available to us whatsoever. We should just sit on our hands and wait at the phone for him to call us. I mean, its ONLY been 2 months since we last had contact, thats not that bad. YOUR RIGHT, MY BAD.

as for the helping with the flooding thing, sounds like typical jake bs that he seems to pull EVERY time something like this happens. search for his name on automotiveforum.com and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I don't think amy realizes that we MEAN NO HARM TO HER. We just need help FINDING jake. Next time you talk to her, let her know that unfortunately, she is dating someone who likes to avoid people and lie.

ha ha ha ha.......................Im laughing over this matter because you know, what its only $12xxx that me and boxxy have given this guy, your right, we totally shouldn't be trying to contact him using any information available to us whatsoever. We should just sit on our hands and wait at the phone for him to call us. I mean, its ONLY been 2 months since we last had contact, thats not that bad. YOUR RIGHT, MY BAD.

as for the helping with the flooding thing, sounds like typical jake bs that he seems to pull EVERY time something like this happens. search for his name on automotiveforum.com and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I don't think amy realizes that we MEAN NO HARM TO HER. We just need help FINDING jake. Next time you talk to her, let her know that unfortunately, she is dating someone who likes to avoid people and lie.

Yea I know I don't have as much money invested as you may. I never said sit back and wait. I'm just saying calling his gf everyday isn't going to help. Your only wasting your time and hers. I'm too lazy to search automotiveforum.com so why don't you just tell me what you mean.

But damn homie dont get all pissy with me, I'm on your side remember?

Take it easy guys. We're just trying to get a hold of Jake, since it's obvious he hasn't contacted anyone in several weeks and we're trying to find out what's going on with several projects. Amy sent me a text message recently saying that Jake will call me as soon as he can. At this point, I'm willing to wait until he decides what he wants to do. If he wants to finish the car, then he needs to start working on it. If he decides that he doesn't want to finish it, then he needs to tell me so I can come pick it, my engine, and my parts up, along with a partial refund. I have no problem with either outcome. Anyone living in Winona that's in contact with him who cares to tell him so, may do so. Brian and I have both contacted the Winona police department, so they are at least aware of a possible legal situation, as well as to get advice on how to proceed with any legal action that we can take.

I can understand Jake's concern with us pestering Amy. However, he needs to understand that we have several versions of proof that he's had internet access, phone access, email access, etc, and could have contacted Brian or I at any time in the past month. Now, if he's choosing not to contact us, then we really don't have any choice but to find SOME outlet of contact with him. If that's Vassil, the guy renting the building, then that's fine. But Vassil has stopped answering my calls, and didn't email me pictures of my car after he said Jake had been working on it, like he promised he would send. The only person left that I know of who has constant contact with Jake is Amy. Therefore, it's only logical that I call her every once in a while to see if I can talk to Jake.

In the end, this has been a very important learning experience for me, and I don't think I'll be making the same mistake(s) again.

Well I have a friend that lives in winona and he has been helping me with whatever he can. He said that there is a truck always parked out front of the shop and it's not there anymore. After talking with him for a while it sounds like there is a possibility of the guys maybe getting evicted from the shop. I know their landlord has given them a few warnings in the past for doing stupid stuff. I called the machine shop next door to jakes shop to see if I could get any information about their landlord but the guy was kinda a jerk. I called the winona police dept as well and the lady said because it's a civil matter all I can do is get an attourney. But since I'm only out about $300 it doesn't make much sence for me alone to get an attourney. Anyways, that's my update for you guys. Just sharing what I know

Why would you guys trust this guy to work on your car?
Just cause he hacked his up to make a tube chassis car?

^No because his prices are significantly lower than other shops that have to charge "per hour" in order to pay the employees. Jake does really good work and has always gotten me parts for less than any other shop. Just non of us saw this coming.

i hope this isn't true! I paid the final amount on my engine the 13th of Aug. and have $3,500 invested on a new 6-bolt. The last i heard of him was the 14th of Aug.

well at least now I know its more than just the two of us, when we file a class action lawsuit against him, it will be good to have as many people as possible, so he is more likely to be convicted.

Think there's anything I can do to get my money back or my injectors back?

yeah, go to his shop and find him. Your close enough where you actually can.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back