The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Missing head dowels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88BB8B

Proven Member
Oct 14, 2016
Coldstream, BC_Canada
Hey everybody. I am assembling my build and trying to rack my brain as to where I wouldve put my head alignment dowels (iIwouldve kept them in the holes) until I look back on pics from when I disassembled this motor and I see that there werent any. The previous builder assembled this motor without alignment dowels. Now the reason this thing is apart is because my crank bearings got shredded. Could the lack of alignment dowels have contribute to this failure? What are the common things asides from head gasket issues which can arise from not having these installed?

It is not likely that the mis aligned head would cause you to spin a bearing. I guess potentially the oil port from the head to the block was partially blocked off causing a higher then normal oil pressure which could help bearing fail. Dont really think that is reasonable chance to happen.

Lol. I think you might be right ist 😂. The motor was probably not clean and only kinda toleranced, thrown back together by somebody who doesnt know much.

I didnt know high oil preasure could help a bearing fail. I though pressure was good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back