The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Minor garage cleaning and TedSpec services-Roll bar/cage, tuning, minor welding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboDSM90

Freelancer
Aug 20, 2002
Bay Area, California
Please note- I currently have one cell phone I use. Please be respectful of my personal number (no 3AM texts asking if an AEM wideband is better than a PLX), and keep tech questions, and business to PMs. If you have cash in hand and want to set something up ASAP, by all means use my cell.

I usually respond to your PMs the same day and it gives me a much better key size to type on versus text keys on a cell phone. A computer also gives me the chance to send you links to resources, and thoroughly answer your questions.

If this freelancer thing gets to the point where I can make a living off of it, I will open up a business line, but will continue to prefer PMs or emails to better serve everyone. A big thank you to those who have took this disclaimer into consideration, it just gets hectic when I am welding upside down, get 5 texts, and those little keys turn into drunk text, or worse. I really try to help everyone out, but there is only one Ted...well, kinda, but ya. :)

I am offering TIG welding services on aluminum, stainless steel, mild steel and chromoly. Hit me up for odd jobs and minor fab work.

I also street tune ECMLink v2.5/V3, completely setup switchable maps, install gauges, setup inputs on link, Install full speed density conversions, setup sensors, etc., I tune mid idle, and WOT. Rates depend on your setup, and what you want setup, installed, welded in, etc. PM me for quotes and provide your setup specifications.

I can get base maps setup for Kpro (all versions), hondata S300 (V2) and have fiddled with Emanage and of course the old school SAFC, Pocket Logger, and GM MAF-T setups.

I offer welding of your automatic center diffs. $150 with your core or $200 without. How strong is it? So far, I haven't found the limit on my setup.

---Roll bars and cages---

Bring me your stripped interior car.

5 point roll bar. Nhra legal, built around YOU.
$1400 installed, approximately 4 weeks to complete.

10 point cage no swingouts, NHRA legal, I can have it certified for an additional $300-$400 (depending on where Ken Gentry is in California at the time).
$2300 (AWD chassis) $2400 (FWD chassis) installed, approximately 6 weeks to complete.

All bars and cages are Custom bent here, made out of 4130 chromoly, and TIG welded.

If you want swing outs added to the bar or cage, add $200 per side (swingout included in price).

PM me on the bars and cages for details.

Below you can see how loosethe S&W kits fit.
This is why I started bending my own. Personal preference really as the SW kits are one of the best kits I have installed. But you will get what you pay for here.

Ryans mid 11 second all motor EG honda civic.

Mild steel S&W kit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
My talons NHRA certified 10 point cage with swing outs on both sides. All bent for a snug fit.

The best swingout kit ever!

And a little something that can be done with the right fit up and patience.

I only have a few pics of Hiens (zfanatics) roll bar I did for him. If you're reading this, can you snap a couple of the finished product? :)

WyldKardz Tony K2.6L All motor crx

Mild Steel S&W kit.

WyldKardz Jimmys K2.2 All motor 11.008 second CRX

Mild steel S&W kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever you get the seat installed and setup, LMK. Or you can do the Teds Towing option :)

To make something bad ass like that, I would need a brake press and a die for the vents. So thats a negative Pip.

+1 for a good guy and an awsome fabricator! my cars ONLY been tuned by him (full v3) and i have never had a problem ever and that includes my brothers boosted teg tuned on hondata.

comfy ass tedspec towing!

tedspec nickels

bottom line whatever ted does always come out at 110%

Last edited by a moderator:
+2 Definitely a great guy!!

Hey Ted, I might be interested in those rods. Those work for a 4g64?

Tedspec towing service is awesome. LOL My car loves your trailer. :D

Fixing my SMIM and shortened my compressor cover :thumb:

Yep they will work on a 4G64 as long as you use a 100mm crank and regular pistons without the wrist pin moved up (4G63 pistons).

Thanks for the kind words guys! I guess its time to start doing some more work on the side since I got some free time for the next few months :)

All these services ain't gonna be around forever, so first come first serve!

Already getting booked for the next month or so.

Bump for Ted!, Great Guy, Great Friend, has helped me so much when I had a DSM, I still owe you a Banana Shake!

Here are a few pics of my roll bar. Ted did a great job building it around my driving position to meet NHRA requirements.
Might have to bring it back for a full cage soon Ted.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 148
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 161
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
If all goes well...I shall have 1 free banana shake at the next 3 Foster Freeze meets! *cough* Jacob *ehem*Rich*cough* LOL

Thanks for the kind words Shane. You linked me up with the folks on your side of the bay!

Added pics and a couple more items to the original post. Intake, throttle body, tps, apex looking front mount.

Here are a few pics of my roll bar. Ted did a great job building it around my driving position to meet NHRA requirements.
Might have to bring it back for a full cage soon Ted.

Hien I don't see the pics :confused:

Hien I don't see the pics :confused:

I couldn't figure out how to load pictures from my Iphone :ohdamn: They are up now.
Ted, I found a t-case already. I will return both of them to you next week.

I couldn't figure out how to load pictures from my Iphone :ohdamn: They are up now.
Ted, I found a t-case already. I will return both of them to you next week.

Cool. These auto tcases are getting harder to find. :shhh:

You know the roll bar has to be stripped out if you want to do a cage right? Gotta start all over again, and let me tell you....pulling out a roll bar isn't fun. Just let me know when you're ready.

Ted picked up my car yesterday, what a great guy! I'm looking forward to see the final outcome. I will post a lot of pictures when it's complete.

Hey hey hey, buddy. I fully intended on getting you one the last meet and you decided you had to go out with your girlllllfrienddddd.

+1 on Tedspec. Quality work for sure. His own car is a testament to that, like a DSM work of art.

Ted picked up my car yesterday, what a great guy! I'm looking forward to see the final outcome. I will post a lot of pictures when it's complete.
I'll be keeping some of progress for my online scrap book as well :)

Guh, I wish you were local to me! I could use a good tune.
I checked to see how long of a drive it would be from me to you, and ya 16 hours aint gonna happen man, sorry. But I do travel within a reasonable distance for tuning :thumb:

Hey hey hey, buddy. I fully intended on getting you one the last meet and you decided you had to go out with your girlllllfrienddddd.

+1 on Tedspec. Quality work for sure. His own car is a testament to that, like a DSM work of art.

Well you got me there. The giiirrrllllfrieeennndddddddd and I went out to the movies. But you still owe me a banana shake! ROFL

If all goes well...I shall have 1 free banana shake at the next 3 Foster Freeze meets! *cough* Jacob *ehem*Rich*cough* LOL

Thanks for the kind words Shane. You linked me up with the folks on your side of the bay!

Added pics and a couple more items to the original post. Intake, throttle body, tps, apex looking front mount.

No worries, I'll get that shake for you the next time I'm out there or if you come up I'll grab you a meal whichever aha. And I'm glad I can do something for you in return for all the help.

Heres some updates on the 6 point roll bar by Ted

Attachments

• image 4.jpeg
    image 4.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image 3.jpeg
    image 3.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image 2.jpeg
    image 2.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image 1.jpeg
    image 1.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 129
Ted did my 3 inch exhaust and a minor tune plus my bov on my new intercooler kit. just need to get a few pieces for the big job :thumb: I would highly recommend him if you are trying to upgrade your DSM or any car.

Thanks for the tune Ted car runs great I'm ready for the track

Hey thanks Alex,Its a good thing you got that LSD in there.

I'm sure Kilo will be in here shortly with his roll bar service review.

BTW, shop will be closed for the next 2 weeks :)

I may be able to do squeeze in a couple tuning sessions, but overall major fab work will be on the back burner for at least a month and a half. PM me if you need anything though, and maybe we can schedule something.

Ryuto, I'll be calling you to let you know what I have in mind if things don't go according to plan here with my engine.

Oh and Alex, no more haunted test roads please. Walking spirits and strange lights at 3AM ain't my idea of tuning! :pray:

Ted did my 3 inch exhaust and a minor tune plus my bov on my new intercooler kit. just need to get a few pieces for the big job :thumb: I would highly recommend him if you are trying to upgrade your DSM or any car.

The big job will be interesting for sure. You trying to gain 100hp instantly or what? :D

Thanks for the kind words Miguel.

Last edited:
Haha yea I'm still tripen over that
Hey thanks Alex,Its a good thing you got that LSD in there.

I'm sure Kilo will be in here shortly with his roll bar service review.

BTW, shop will be closed for the next 2 weeks :)

I may be able to do squeeze in a couple tuning sessions, but overall major fab work will be on the back burner for at least a month and a half. PM me if you need anything though, and maybe we can schedule something.

Ryuto, I'll be calling you to let you know what I have in mind if things don't go according to plan here with my engine.

Oh and Alex, no more haunted test roads please. Walking spirits and strange lights at 3AM ain't my idea of tuning! :pray:

The big job will be interesting for sure. You trying to gain 100hp instantly or what? :D

Thanks for the kind words Miguel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back