The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Michigan DSM OWNERS ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm from Ann Arbor, but goin to school in Flint at the moment.
Novi, MI. here. Couldnt make it to Nopi @ Milan because of work unfortunatly. However I think TunerChick is on dsmsource and said she went.
So when is there going to be a meet?
My car is almost finished(seems like I always say that)

There's a meet every Thursday at the Discount Tire off of I96 at exit 155/155a depending on the direction you're travelling. I believe it starts at 7 or 7:30. It's open to all vehicles, but a few DSMS show up.

Damn, sucks about NOPI, I forgot all about that, and a friend of mine had asked me to come down to Milan on Saturday, but I thought it was just another day at the track, I didn't realize that NOPI was goin on this past weekend.

hopefully going this weekend to pick up my 91 gst.

i call coopersville michigan home, anybody around there get at me.

Well, I drove to the shoot out. Woke up @ 4:30 to get there and it was cancelled. That was a waist of $60 in gas and a hole day. Does anyone no if it will be rescheduled?

Ya shoulda came down with MI DSM on friday - it wouldnt have been a waste by any means then :thumb:

I guess it really was not a waist of time. I got to see some members That I have not meet before and I got to see hotel parking lots packed with nothing but DSM's(good pic). I just really wanted to see some racing. I also had some killer Biscuts&gravy @ Bobevens. Sence there going to reschedule the event, is there a group of MI guys going?
I seen a couple midmich. dsm's parket next to eachother in a hotel but it was raining so hard @ that point everyone was in there rooms.

Hey I got a question for you Michigan DSMers. I'm from Seattle but I'm going to U of M next year. I just Visited Ann Arbor, Detroit, and East Lansing and I noticed that so many of the cars are rusting through! Im going to bring my '97 GSX with me when I go to school, and Im worried about how these cars stand up to the elements out there? and how do they do in the winter?

A lot of counties in Michigan use salt on the roads in the winter. Salt plays havoc on car bodies and frames. If at all possible, store your car during the winter.

As for how they handle, my GSX didn't really handle icy or hard-packed snow all that well; it wanted to shimmy from side to side, as if the differentials didn't exactly know where to send the power. I'm told snow tires make a world of difference. Even if our cars handled snow and ice perfectly, I still wouldn't want to drive my car in the winter, for fear of some random 16 year old kid driving Mommy and Daddy's Excursion for the first time in winter, if you know what I mean.

In other words, I have perfect faith in MY car... it's OTHER cars I worry about.

I drove my car on 17" high performance all season tires for about 2 winters out here with no problems. Then I got a set of Blizzak studless winter tires and WOW...I could absolutely get through anything with them. I even towed out a Buick from a ditch one night when we had a blizzard.

As far as everything else, Michigan roads are incredibly salty so I'd wash the underside of your car frequently.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back