The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Metal Timing Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swoopkev

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 20, 2008
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
There are Metal Timing Covers that get installed to the rear of the Timing Belt Cover, I dont have any, cant find any, and cant find part numbers for them...

They are numbered as 22 in the below diagram:

https://www.partswebsite.com/stores/partsimages/partsE/E703060.gif

I am having a hard time coming up with the right part for my 91 gsx.
if anyone could help me find where to buy these rear metal timing covers i would be grateful.
Mahalo

your better of goin to a junk yard and pulling it from another DSM since its not a common part they might even give it to you since they dont wana have to look for it on the books LOL.

but also dsmgraveyard is another good place.

Ditto - DSM graveyard, I would expect that part to not be worth the time of sourcing it at a random junkyard.

Ditto - DSM graveyard, I would expect that part to not be worth the time of sourcing it at a random junkyard.

apparently i'm going to the wrong junkyard because all i keep finding are stock parts to replace my broken ones LOL

yeahhh, ive been having a hard time explaining this part. i thought it was trash the first time i rebuilt my engine...
Yeah anyways, i guess now that i have the diagram i will try and get those pieces from dsmgraveyard.
Thanks for the help guys, i would go to a junkyard, but i have none on my island.

yeahhh, ive been having a hard time explaining this part. i thought it was trash the first time i rebuilt my engine...
Yeah anyways, i guess now that i have the diagram i will try and get those pieces from dsmgraveyard.
Thanks for the help guys, i would go to a junkyard, but i have none on my island.

Hey, there is a junkyard here that has one where I live and I know the guys well there. I can probably get You the entire timing cover set for 5-10 bucks plus shipping if you want.

you dont need a timing belt cover id be more worried about other shit in your dsm.

Why would you drive around with no cover and risk messing up your timing? I mean unless you wanna smash some valves, why run the risk? If the 4g63 wasnt an interference engine I would say screw it too. But if that timing belt goes for some reason usually so does the valves. I see alot of dsms without upper timing covers but I would say a lower timing cover is a must.

I've never seen a metal cover behind the plastic lower timing cover but the very left piece on the pic you posted bolts to the head and gives the plastic cover a place to bolt to. Should be able to get one of those pretty easy. Good luck with the finds.

There are 2 metal braces that the upper cover bolts to. I have them

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

alot of people refer to them as "tins" also. That term may aid your search. ( i think ive got an extra set also )

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back