The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

MAS Air Can

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sccrAdidas15

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2004
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Well it snowed 8 inches last night so I have off school today! And if you ever have had off school you know how boring it can get, so of course I started working on my car. I decided to tackle the Intake. I have a K&N drop in filter in a stock 1g. I have seen people just take the air can off and I just did that. But I'm now wondering how to get the filter to mount to the car and also where the boost controller solenoid can go since it's on my stock air can. Any suggestions on how you guys did it would be great. I just want to run the filter open with the MAS attached to the intake and I'm not sure how to go about it so any help would be great thanks! I would like to get this project done today! :thumb:

You need a cone filter, not a drop in filter. I don't know the K&N part number because I don't have the stock MAF, but any K&N dealer should be able to get what you need. Or try Dejon Tool.

Oh, and no bumping. :toobad:

My '91 Laser RS Turbo has the same thing done that you are doing. I just left everything sit where it is and my BCS is just resting where ever it falls by the air filter. You should hack the can though because it isn't the best seal just using the K&N with no can. Mine is K&N only with no can but i don't really care because my laser is just my winter beater since i will be putting a turbo system in my 420A talon this winter. I have never had one problem with my filter and BCS resting there not secured.

Thats just my .02

ok, I just don't know how to hack it properly. What's the difference bw the drop in filter and cone filter?

I just don't understand what the point of the air can is all it's doing is blocking airflow to the filter? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back