The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Making a rear upper adjustable control arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOTE TO MODERATORS: I cannot upload any more attachments for pictures. I only have one picture uploaded to the site but I do not have space for more. I have two photos to go with this write-up I would like to add but can't.

This is how I made a rear upper adjustable control arm.

Tools needed:
Metal lath
14/2.0mm tap and drill bit
3/4'' by 16nf tap and drill bit​

Hardware needed (x2)
7/8 by 14'' cold rolled round stock
14mm by 2.0mm heim joint
14mm lock nut
3/4 heim joint and 3/4 lock nut
1 1/2 cold roll round stock
3/4 by 3'' bolt and lock nut.​

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1. Take the 7/8 stock cut it to 14'' and face it.
  2. Next drill and tap one end for the 14mm heim joint.
  3. On the other side, drill and tap 3/4''.
  4. For the spacers, I took 1 1/2" stock, drilled the center to 9/16 and cut four 3/4” length pieces on a bandsaw. I chucked the pieces on the lath and cut it to .620''. For the final I cut a tapered them at 45*.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

5. To install the arms, you will need to drill the trailing arm with a 3/4 drill bit. The frame side bolts in with factory hardware. Install the new control arm in on the same side of the trailing arm that the ball joint entered previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back