The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

MAFT tuning issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00stedtalon2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2005
Detroit, Michigan
Can anyone tell me which tuning guide I should be using based on this picture? I cant decide if this is 1.3 or 2.0+. I have done a ton of reading and I really cant draw a conclusion on my own.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAHE/6c4_dwbQjW4/s800/20140117_131203.jpg

My car 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAII/QGDCXyw4LD8/s800/20140107_155620.jpg

The issue is that the car never has a consistent tune. Its always runs either too rich or too lean. The majority of the time it doesn't have a huge negative effect on drive ability. On a few occasions the car has missed really hard or hit fuel cut. I have been messing with it a lot. I'm definitely trying to not beat on the car at all. When I first got the car it ran pretty good, running around 25 PSI. I just bought a last month and it has a fair amount of mods. Mostly half assed honestly. Basically all I have done to it is maintenance and removing or re doing mods.

Current mods list
B16g - Ebay
Full 3" turbo back exhaust
550cc Injectors
Medium sized FMIC
Walboro 255
GM MAF and translator
EGR Delete
AEM air fuel gauge
Autometer boost gauge
crushed 1g BOV

I trying to find a logger because i'm sick of guessing. In the mean time i'm just trying to work with what I got. What can I do / what you would do if you were me?

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I'm short on funds. That's why I haven't just got DSM/ECM link.

you dont have an safc or link running 25psi? problem...

The waste gate is set to 10ish PSI, currently it is creeping to 25 PSI.

Also I want to say that the issue that i'm mostly concerned with is idle/cruise-mid not worried about WOT at the moment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back