The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

M/T trans problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBDdsmer610

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2006
easton, Pennsylvania
ok well the other day i was having slave cylinder issues i replaced it and the problem was fixed. so today i leave for work tranny shifts fine. went out on my lunch break and the trans shiftted fine. i get in my car at about 5pm start it up let it warm up for 5 to 10 min and i push in the clutch and it grinds into 1st and reverse. once i finally got it in gear i noticed it was real notchy into second then it grinded into 3rd. now i go shift into 4th and it is notchy. My clutch engaugement is good. Could my trans have low fluid levels and be causing it to grind?:confused:

Possibly. More than likely air got into the system. Try re bleeding the clutch and check the pedal adjustment and make sure it's good. Should have 1/2" of play at the top of the pedal before you feel it start to engage.

I'm going to assume air in the system.

TOO MUCH or TOO LITTLE fluid will give you issues.
Is your clutch hydraulic system properly adjusted?
Are your tranny bolts all the way in? All four of them?
Also, this happened to me, but it's rare. You're clutch springs could be blown out. Lol.

The clutch only has about 5000 miles on it just an oem replacement. and i do have about a 1/2in of play at the top ill bleed it tomorrow and put more gear oil in it and see what happenes. and when i stand next to my car on the passenger side i can hear everything in the tranny spinning. and it is kinda loud guess that cant be good

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back