The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

M/T-Auto swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Also, the motor mount brackets listed on that thread may not work for you. I confirmed, they matched my '90 Laser FWD, manual, parts car. I'll check the #'s on my Auto when I get home tonight. BTW, all axles/halfshaft are the same.

Also, the motor mount brackets listed on that thread may not work for you. I confirmed, they matched my '90 Laser FWD, manual, parts car. I'll check the #'s on my Auto when I get home tonight. BTW, all axles/halfshaft are the same.

I used all the same mounts when I switched to manual, so i'd assume it would work the other way around

Axles and half-shaft are different, BUT the MT ones can work, as long as the seals are in good condition. The halfshaft bracket spacing is slightly different, due to the forward placement of the motor by the auto motor mounts that are different from the MT mounts.

I have a list of everything required on my site.

Axles and half-shaft are different, BUT the MT ones can work, as long as the seals are in good condition. The halfshaft bracket spacing is slightly different, due to the forward placement of the motor by the auto motor mounts that are different from the MT mounts.

I have a list of everything required on my site.

Thanks a lot, i checked your website and saw that you had updated the list. Right now i have a built 5 spd but i know that i want to change to auto as soon as i break the current tranny.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back