The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

LSD options ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSD's like the BM tranny and the Phantom Grip are simple inserts. The are kit's inserted into the stokc open differential to 'convert' it to an LSD. The downside it, they are only as strong a the stock diff. They can still explode/fail.

LSD's like the Quaife and the Kaaz are direct replacement differentials. You take out your stock one and install one of these in it's place. The are stronger than one with just an insert. The downside is their price. They can cost over $1000. Whereas the inserts are only about $200.

The full LSD's are better, so if you can afford one, go for it. If you cant, then get an insert. They are much better than stock. I hope I answered your questions. If no, let me know. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back