The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

LSD Install now NO 5th or R (36mm nuts??)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63telantra

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Over the weekend installed a LSD insert on my 1g FWD. Just wanted to know when putting back the 2 36mm nuts, does 5th have to be in gear? or N? cus for some reson it went into every gear before putting on the 2 36mm nuts.

Thanks

Roll pin in the top of the shaft. When I got mine put together it was left out and I had the same problem. If you open the outer most case and look at it the shaft on the right is supposed to have a pin hold the shift fork.

Necromancer69 said:
Roll pin in the top of the shaft. When I got mine put together it was left out and I had the same problem. If you open the outer most case and look at it the shaft on the right is supposed to have a pin hold the shift fork.

I checked and it was there. Did you leave yours in 5th when you put the 36mm nut back?

Check your linkage on the transmission while some one is trying to shift. Sometimes the linkages can get out of whack. Unhook the cables and try to do it manually. If it goes into 5th and reverse, then it's a cable adjust situation. If not, well, you know the drill. Pull the trans and check your handy work. Check your detent balls and springs, check your rails etc.

Old Mitsu Tech said:
Check your linkage on the transmission while some one is trying to shift. Sometimes the linkages can get out of whack. Unhook the cables and try to do it manually. If it goes into 5th and reverse, then it's a cable adjust situation. If not, well, you know the drill. Pull the trans and check your handy work. Check your detent balls and springs, check your rails etc.

yap same thing for me. i dont know what happened but i had to adjust the linkage under the console and it shifted fine for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back