The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash Low injector scaling vs actual flow rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianTalonTC

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 8, 2011
Lethbridge, AB_Canada
Hey guys,

Quick list
ECUFlash with Ceddy bigmaps, EVOScan, AEM Wideband, FIC 850's, Walbro 255, Automotive AFPR at 43PSI no vacuum, FP71HTA.

I've searched and searched and from what I can tell using ECUFlash with InjectorScalingDSM your injectors should be scaled relatively close to actual vs using InjectorScalingEVO. I currently have FIC 850's scaled to 690 and it still is slightly leaner than target at WOT (Made most of the map 10.5 target for ease of scaling and it still goes to 10.8-11.0 WOT). Along with this, my lb/min airflow seems extremely out. I'm hitting 60+lb at 15PSI on a FP71HTA which obviously is extremely inaccurate. This leads to me to believe that some of my other settings are out as well. Map scaling, adder etc is all unchanged. Under SD Calc (which are on) I have it scaled to an OMNI 4 bar MAP per Ceddy's instructions.

I had someone tuning my vehicle and long story short we more or less lost contact so I tried building off of his tune and found my injector scaling needed to be increased to above 850 and decided to start fresh and now I'm on the other end of the rope. Under his rewrite there was a large MAF adder as well and the lb/min seemed extremely unrealistic too.

Anyway, I've included a copy of my current tune. The only modifications within ceddy bigmaps are for CEL, Injector scaling and latency, Omni 4 bar scaling and the fuel map being dropped to 10.5 to assist with scaling. If any other information is needed please let me know and I'm not sure what you guys would like logged so let me know what to log under what conditions and I will do that ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Attachments

• 1998TSI-850-690SCALE10.5.bin
    128 KB · Views: 62
You should scale your injectors to the correct size, 850 is 850 with dsm scaling.
You then need to adjust your tune so that your AFR Map/Commanded AFR matches your wideband o2.
The fuel map is the target the ECM will command under open loop & WOT conditions, closed loop is stoich.
The ECM doesn't know if it is actually hitting its fuel map target setting, you have to dial this in using your wideband.
When you have your tune dialed in you can pretty much change your fuel map to a specific AFR and it will hit that target AFR.
I have a MAF so I use MAF Smoothing table to dial in the MAF curve.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back