The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Low Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle McL

Proven Member
Jun 28, 2014
Rierside, Pennsylvania
So I was originally had idle surges. I fixed it by cleaning the carbon from the throttle body. However, it stalls out when I first start it. The only way to prevent it from stalling out is by giving it some gas for a little bit. It normally starts up fine after driving it for a little bit. Any ideas of what to check or do? The idle also changes between 850 where it feels like wants to stall out but sometimes climbs to 1200. When I am sometimes sitting at a light, it bounces between 1000 and 1200 rpms.

I forgot to mention. The previous owner put a turbo on. The new down pipe does not have a O2 sensor hooked up to it. So I really don't think that would make a major difference. It does run a little rich but I don't mind it so much.

on idle surges check your TPS, IAS, CAS, and also wrong size injectors will do it to if your running the 390 cc injectors with a turbo u at least need the 450 cc for it i had the same problem and took me forever to figure it out

The motor was rebuilt by the previous owner. I believed he upgraded the injectors but not certain. I will have to check that. I still want to get a new downpipe with a input for the O2 sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back