The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Loose Injectors, Turning All Around??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunernewb92

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2008
North Canton, Ohio
So last night we put back on the intake manifold. :beatentodeath::beatentodeath: Yeap that was really fricken hard. Bolts dissappeared in the engine bay, one bolt wouldn't go in, two nuts just dissappeared, but all was eventually fixed. Our problem is this, after putting the fuel rail back on and tighting it as tight as I can, the two injectors on the drivers side still can turn around and move, but the two on the passengers side don't. Is this normal. I couldn't detect and fuel leakage, but I want to make sure that we don't get any later on down the road.

Thanks,
Brian

i can normally turn my injectors, and any injector on any engine ive ever touched pretty easily...

You shouldn't be tightening the fuel rail as hard as you can. Just snug it. Otherwise you you risk cracking the plastic spacers and breaking the fuel rail. It's only aluminum, so you need to be careful.

When installing the injectors, you should have applied a little bit of motor oil or some other type of grease to the o-rings to help them seat. Afterwards, they SHOULD be fairly easy to spin. Just make sure you don't have any sort of fuel leak.

You didn't mention changing the isolators on the bottom of the injector that seal it with the intake manifold so I wanted to. When the stock ones dry out they turn into a hard plastic which would 'spin' easier on the manifold as compared to fresh new rubbery isolators. The old ones also cause boost leaks as well (not so much fuel leaks). Just a thought.

Man I hate those plastic seats, we lost two of them yesterday but luckily my computer tech buddy was there and he fished them out really easily. I think those isolators are bad on ouur injectors, does that mean we have to buy new injectors, or can we order new isolators?

You didn't mention changing the isolators on the bottom of the injector that seal it with the intake manifold so I wanted to. When the stock ones dry out they turn into a hard plastic which would 'spin' easier on the manifold as compared to fresh new rubbery isolators. The old ones also cause boost leaks as well (not so much fuel leaks). Just a thought.

I just ordered 4 new ones because mine are hard and are causing a boost leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back