1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Looking for hardware recommendations

Posted by Sam's GSX, Mar 30, 2020

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    Ok I'm about to get my carbonetics fender flares in (after 6 months of waiting haha) and was hoping for a couple of recommendations.
    First would be what hardware to mount the flares? and it seems like most the time they use silvers for the color, I know that's probably more of a preference thing.

And second is, any recommendations on where to go for wheel spacers? (the ones that add studs because I will be doing more than 5mm) I've looked and found a couple sites, but was hoping to hear from my community. Thanks guys

Street Build 381  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, UK, Europe
    Studded spacers only come in 15mm of over for safety, the stud needs something to hold onto! Any thinner they just use your stock studs but most of the time your using arp extended studs anyway.

Road Race Build 10K  10  56

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    Yes, I will most likely be doing 25 or more, I just said that to clarify which type I was talking about

Street Build 381  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. TSiAWD666

TSiAWD666 Freelancer

Joined Aug 15, 2003
    Herndon, Virginia
    If it were me I'd use M6 rivnuts, and buy some nice dome head anodized aluminum bolts from Pro-Bolt USA.

Road Race Build 15K  13  371

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    377 whp · 416 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    ThunderChild likes this.
  5. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    Oh those look perfect!! thank you.

Street Build 381  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM