The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Looking for advice on lowering car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohlegend

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2012
Pemberville, Ohio
I am looking into lowering the car to have a more aggressive stance. I am not into the slammed to the ground stuff. I just want to tastefully lower the car and have no issues running a 16-17" wheel. What are your recommendations? Would springs be the way to go?

Unless you plan on Auto-X or drag racing with tall slicks, I would go with springs. Make sure your struts are in good shape, if not KYB AGX are very economically priced these days.

I had Eibach Sportlines on my car with 17's for a while and it was a perfect combo. My profile picture is with the springs installed so you can get an idea of the stance.

Eibach pro kit is like 1.2" front and rear, H&R is 1.7" front 1.4" rear assuming you have FWD. The outside diameter of the tire is going to be the same, lower profile on the 17" rim vs. the 16" rim. I personally would use the Eibach due to the roads here in Columbus, OH.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back