The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Logging Wideband 02s on DSMLink 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIsean

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 22, 2004
Lasalle, Ontario_Canada
I'm looking into getting this product and I'm wondering if it can log the 02 readings from my Zeitronix wideband. The Wideband brain has a 5v output wire for what they say is for standalones. Would there be anyway to hook this up to the 1G ECU and log it that way?

Thanks.

You would need to use one of the 5v inputs into the ecu to log it. Problem is with 1G's there are very few 5v inputs that can be switched from whatever it is used for to the wideband without causing issues. It would be easier if you had a MAFT installed because then you could clamp the temp and pressure signals and use either one of those.

Thanks for the information.
I'm hopeing your wrong though, LOL. It would seem a little rediculas to make something that controls fuel and not even know how much fuel your useing right? How do they expect you to tune when you can't use a wide-band? I thought the idea behind DSMlink was an "all-in-one".

I guess I could run the Wideband logger software and the DSMlink logger at the same time but that would be a huge PITA, and then I'd be no better off then with a bunch of piggy-backs all running their own stuff, LOL.

On my 2g, DSMlink gave me 3 options on where to put my wideband o2 signal in. They were (iirc): Rear o2 sensor (none on 1g..), barometric pressure sensor, and.. MAF signal I think. These were given for the PLX, I didn't check the other widebands to see if they had different input points. Which does DSMlink show you? They wouldn't show you the option of logging a wideband input if there wasn't a way of doing it. ;) Good luck! :thumb:

As long as your wideband has a signal out, you should be able to tap into the ECU. I'm not sure what sensor you would use for 1G's but on a 2G you can use the rear 02 input as stated above and then log. I have an AEM Wideband...which allows you to select the output voltage....wheter its 0-1V, 0-5V or 1-0V.

TSIsean said:
I'm looking into getting this product and I'm wondering if it can log the 02 readings from my Zeitronix wideband. The Wideband brain has a 5v output wire for what they say is for standalones. Would there be anyway to hook this up to the 1G ECU and log it that way?

Thanks.

If your ecu is federal you can use the EGR temp input. I'm currently doing this with my PLX M-300. I'm using a custom sensor in MMCD to get the data, its a raw value so you need to convert it. The only problem is, and from what I've found doing some research is this occurs with all wideband outputs, the logged output doesn't match the displayed air/fuel ratio. Mine seems to be about 3 tenths off, so I take this into account when looking at the logs.

90AWDTalon said:
The only problem is, and from what I've found doing some research is this occurs with all wideband outputs, the logged output doesn't match the displayed air/fuel ratio. Mine seems to be about 3 tenths off, so I take this into account when looking at the logs.

I have two questions: First, will the supplied capacitors fix the difference in the values? Second, what numbers should I use when tuning? I've been using the numbers from the PLX thus far, but if I should be using the supplied a/f ratio, I'll switch. Thanks!

1gen --pin 23 5v That the one u need. Also check vfaq.com . That website help me with my plxm300. thanks oj :thumb:

ikickuintheball said:
I have two questions: First, will the supplied capacitors fix the difference in the values?

The caps don't affect this, they are for noise. When reading the PLX website, they say the problem is not grounding close enough to the ecu. I talked to a guy with an LM-1 that has the same problems and he tried many different ground points and saw no differences.

ikickuintheball said:
Second, what numbers should I use when tuning? I've been using the numbers from the PLX thus far, but if I should be using the supplied a/f ratio, I'll switch. Thanks!

I trust the display, kind sucks trying to watch it while watching the road. If after some more time I become confident that my correction factor is correct, I'll probably start using the logged value to tune by.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back