The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

logging, tuning with tab.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsgsx

Proven Member
Oct 21, 2013
toppenish, Washington
Found a app called torque pro on google playstore. Turns your tab into a logger and has some other great features. I am gonna buy app and the bluetooth obd2 connector in the next week. Looks pretty sweet. I will do a write up on it after i try it out. Has anyone used this so far?

Its useful for diagnostic purposes, like seeing what readings your sensors are giving and pulling engine codes and such, but you aren't going to be able to tune with it or anything like that. But for the money its a lot more cost effective and useful than a typical code reader.

I picked up a Windows based tablet for $100 on black Fri then got a $5 usb adapter and I'm able to run ecmlink off of it. So buying some app to use via Bluetooth doesn't seem that good when nowadays its possible to stay with link.

Link costs at least $200, even if you manage to find it used for cheap, which is difficult and risky. And from the sound of things I really doubt he has link, bc he probably wouldn't be getting that stuff if he did, since link can do a lot more. And I don't think anybody has any doubts that its possible to still use link. That being said, its better than nothing, and a $5 app(if you don't get the free version) and a $15 adapter is still a lot cheaper than a $100 code scanner that can't display sensor readings, and several hundred $ cheaper than link.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back