The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Tuning/Logging problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjgrizz73

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2007
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I have a problem with my connectors...it seems one is missing for the OBD-II and I have the side panels and console out of the car, still no where to be found. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or help in this matter since it is hindering me from better tuning and logging my car. It is a 1997 Eclipse spyder non turbo...but i performed a turbo swap. Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

did some researching since no one has any ideas, since Im switching to a Evo 8 ecu so I can run EcuFlash I looked up the wiring diagrams for the engine electrical for evos. Seems this plug only 1 wire is used within the ECU and that is pin 26 which is a chassis ground. I took one of these plugs off a car from the junkyard and will wire this one into a ground and should work just fine. This 16pin plug is not used for data logging so it will have no effect on that. Figured I'd put it out there incase anyone else had issues with this.

Man, everyone is going to evo ecu's now. Thats why im jumpping on the bandwagon and doing it too.

haha yes, simple swap and IMO will be just as good as dsmlink not to mention $400 cheaper:sneaky:

Yea, defintally cheaper, Im just trying to find the right deal on a EVO ecu. Im kinda confused with the software that is need, but once I get everything in my hands i'll proablly be alittle better.

The evo ecus you can pick up on evolutionM or ebay. ECUflash is free and you can find the link to download that on EvoM also. Then you need the Tactrix cable, 1.3 will work if you can find one or you can spring for the new openport 2.0 which is around 180-200$. Logging wise I heard from a personal friend that EvoScan is incredible and logs pretty much everything you'd want. And you can buy that for 25$ its a d/l which gives you free upgrades in the future.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back