The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Little-No power under boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambiablo

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2008
Elon, North_Carolina
Hey guys,

I recently rebuilt my 6 bolt (w/ 7 bolt head) with forged rods and pistons, 272 cams, oversize valves, dual coil valves springs etc. The motor is mounted on solid urethane mounts, and I am running 1 step cooler plugs. I have around 700 miles on the build. The turbo I am running is a T04E (67 trim).

I'm not sure how many people are experienced with Ceddy mods, that is the way I have been tuning my car. I'm currently running the same tune that was used before the build and the car ran really good. And the car runs good now under easy driving conditions.

I have just started trying to get into boost and something I have noticed quite a bit even under easy driving is that my CEL occasionally blinks on and off for a few seconds. This is supposedly a sign of knock according to the way Ceddy mods is set up, but perhaps it's phantom knock due to my cams/ motor mounts etc.

The actual issue:

When getting into the throttle, the car builds boost fine but does not produce any decent power, it accelerates, but rather slowly. I have had both boost leak issues and exhaust leak issues in the past, and this seems different.

My question is if anyone thinks this could be the computer pulling timing due to phantom knock, a similar issue, or something different entirely that I may not be thinking of. I plan on moving to an AEM pretty soon, which may make resolving this issue easy. Beyond that, I have no idea where I should begin to confirm or eliminate this possibility.

Any opinions/ help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

With all that did you do a boost leak test, you never know if you may have one, or more regardless of how well it boosts. I found several and mine boosted ok in the past. Dont know about ceddy mods.

I did a boost leak test a little while back and I did find a leak at the throttle body which I have fixed, I was also having a little difficulty getting my make-shift boost leak tester to work properly either way. So perhaps I will try it again to be sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back