The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Rich under spool up, lean under boost...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigolsackapoo

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2008
indianapolis, Indiana
Okay so Im attempting to tune my car myself and im having a very hard time...

Problem:

-I run afr's in the 10's under spool up and then I fly up to 13's and 14's when my turbo is fully spooled and the afrs go crazy...
-Im also knocking like crazy, like 6 or 7 degrees at some points

Attempts to fix:

-I richened up my entire maxoct fuel table by about .8 or .9
-I pulled LOTS of timing where I was seeing knock. I even got down to 11 degrees at 5k rpm and 2.6 load
-I moved the fuel sliders in the fuel tab of ecuconifg to add 30% more starting at when I reach boost

It seems like none of this is doing anything...
Im about to quit and pay someone to do it for me, but that already failed once..

Please post a log. It's mch more helpful than what you could even try to explain. Also your profile says you use an SAFC but it sounds like you have ECMLink.

Have you done the proper things before tuning? Correct plugs and gapped right, boost leak test.

Boost leak - My guess it will hold pressure up to a point but when at full boost something is lose or opens up.
Do a boost leak test to pressures higher than the what you are boosting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back